Designation: SBCC Regional Officer
Report to: Field Operations Manager
Start Date: October 2021
Tanzania Communication and Development Center (TCDC) is a non-government organization established in 2013 with the registration number 00NG0/00006483. TCDC’s vision is creating empowered households and communities that are happy and healthy and our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of households and communities by equipping them with the skills, tools and mindset needed to live happy and healthy lives.
TCDC implements community mobilization at scale and provides support in designing evidence-based SBCC campaigns and activities. TCDC’s approach is effective by deploying “external interventions’ such as media, as well as “community initiated” interventions like mid-media and community level actions through community based organizations (CBOs), village health workers and volunteers.
TCDC has been implementing community mobilization activities supporting numerous national health campaigns including HIV/AIDs (testing and counselling, care, treatment and optionB+), Malaria, Reproductive Maternal and Neonatal Child Adolescence Health(RMNCAH), Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC), nutrition, Tuberculosis (TB) and Family Planning. The TCDC staffs are composed of mix experience in designing, implementing, managing and evaluating social behaviour change communication, public health, community mobilization and social marketing programs within and outside Tanzania.
He/she is responsible for overseeing regional implementation of WASH SBCC activities in the Songwe region and contributes to an overall goal by Strengthening Social Behaviour Change Communication strategies and enhances strong collaboration with government and other stakeholders in the assigned region.
SBCC Of cer will work with Local Government authorities; WASH stakeholders, Key community in uencers, youth network and SWACH clubs, and Community Health Workers (CHWs) to implement SBCC strategies in line with project strategic plan and training materials that promote adoption of WASH positive behaviour.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiate and assist the planning process with Local Government Authorities (LGAs), WASH Stakeholders & partners in Songwe Region
- Liaison with the regional/district government staff particularly Health Promotion coordinators, Community development of cers, Education of cers plan implementation of community mobilization activities in support of WASH objectives.
- Assist in the preparation of annual work plans, timelines, budgets and reports for TCDC • Involve into regional as well as district planning session to share annual TCDC work plan to be incorporated into Regional Health Management team plan.
- Develop and administer regional work plan
- Overseeing implementation of program activities in the region
- Plan route plan for mid media activities in collaboration with regional and district health promotion officers.
- Participate in national, regional, district invited or organized events
- Assist in the preparation of CBO’s work plans, timelines, budgets and reports
- Build capacity of the volunteers (CHWs & CLTS) through effective coaching and supportive supervision to enhance their project managerial skills.
- Coordinate NGOs/CBOs activities and ensuring the outputs are delivered on time and in accordance with their contract.
- Coordinate for RHMT/CHMT members to attend Radio discussion program. • Maintain a data base of all partners, their contacts and location, interact regularly to present TCDC’s strategic issues and clari cation.
- Liaise with the district government staff particularly district heath promotion of cers to ensure mutual collaboration between Councils/districts.
- Advocate for community SBCC WASH activities buy in by regional and district leaders through regional and district health promotion of cer.
- Acting as TCDC representative in the region meetings, and maintaining strong links with the community leaders, government, NGOs, CBO, and other stakeholders also to Advocate and in uence government bodies, NGOs, CBO and partners on the organization activities at regional level and ensure there is good working relationships between government, private partners in reaching project goals.
- Perform any other work related duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Support volunteers (CHWs & CLTS) by conducting support supervision visit on monthly basis to identify areas requiring support and as appropriate seek assistance when needed and Provide regular and timely feedback to high level management as needed on key challenges hindering implementation of the program and suggest solutions for improvement
- Coordinate and monitor all TCDC’s SBCC campaigns/activities including mid media activities in the region
- Collect and compile quality and timely regional monthly operations reports and disseminate to all stakeholders in the region as well as provide solutions/plans that would lead to improved or continued performance of the program activities.
- Provide report for supportive supervision and on-going monitoring activities
- Share project success story or stages of behaviour change in the project
- Properly use all community event guide lines to monitor eld activities
- Reviewing data received at regional of ce before submission to M & E unit for analysis and nal consumption to donor and other stakeholders
- Present qualitative and quantitative results to regional and districts stakeholders. • Utilize qualitative and quantitative research results from internal and external sources for better programming and implementation of campaign activities in the region.
- Degree quali cation in social science-related studies, international development or other related elds required.in; coordination and management of similar projects; Public health education and behavioral change communication; Proven experience in implementing behavioral change communication projects, focusing promoting positive adoption of WASH related behaviours. Proven experience in implementing at least two WASH projects that include a strong behavior change communication component.
- Strong project management experience and nancial/budget analysis skills. • Personnel management experience is required
- Three years (3) experience in management, program planning and multi-cultural and remote personnel management experience
- Ability to become a thought leader in the eld
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills a must
- Ability to develop well-written, cohesive analyses and reports
- Track record of building strong client and stakeholder relationships
- Ability to identify and understand issues and opportunities, compare data from different sources to draw conclusions, use effective approaches for developing appropriate solutions, take action that is consistent with available facts and probable consequences, communicate with and seek guidance from regional program management team
- Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required
- Willingness to be based in regions and to travel to remote rural locations.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Please send your application letter and CV to the below email address no later than Monday, October 18th, 2021.17:00hrs. Please clearly indicate the speci c region you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
2. Email Address: email@example.com
3. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted.
4. TCDC is an Equal Opportunity, Af rmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all quali ed applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political af liation in any employment decisions.
5. Any attempt or communications to TCDC Management or staff through phone calls, sms, text, emails and other means will automatically be disquali ed from this opportunity. All communications should be automatically be disquali ed from this opportunity. Communications should be channeled to the provided of cial correspondence email above
Please note that:
Any supporting documents are to be provided by applicants only upon request by the selection panel.
Tanzania Communication and Development Center (TCDC)
Mikocheni B-Plot No 22, House No MKC/MCB/993 Mbuni Street P.O. Box 105170