POSITION: CIVIL ENGINEER
TYPE: FULL TIME
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Estimate qualities and cost of material, equipment, labor to determine project feasibility.
- Inspect project site to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specification and safety or sanitation standards.
- Direct construction operation and maintenance activities at the project site.
- Reviewing government regulation and ordinances.
- Doing feasibility assessment and site inspections.
- Preparing and implantation project plans.
- Direct or participation in surveying to lay out installation and establish reference points grades and elevations to guide constructions.
- Determine construction cost, local and professional building regulation environment impact and other factors that can affect project implementation.
- Enforcing engineering, local and legal regulations like heath, and safety protocols on site
- Monitoring and optimizing safety procedures, production processes and regulatory compliance.
- Perform calculation, dimensioning and control of concrete and metallic construction.
- Ability to carry out safety analysis and stability and quality control.
- Ensure projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time.
- Resolving design and development problems
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of the projects
- Perform calculation, dimensioning and control of concrete metallic construction.
- Making recommendations on presenting alternative solutions to problems.
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades and elevations to guides construction.
- Performing technical and feasibility studies, including analyzing maps, survey reports, plans and related data to create and design civil engineering projects.
- Prepare or present public reports, such as bid proposal, deeds, environmental impact statements and property and right of way descriptions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Civil engineering, Environmental engineering, surveying geometrics or related field.
- Registration /licensure as a professional engineer may be added advantage.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with a high level of accuracy and design.
- Ability to give presentations.
- Strong ethical standard.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent in written, oral communication and proficiency with technical
- Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time.
- A minimum of 2 -3 years experience in surveys, Civil and Environmental field, related of experience in road projects with demonstrated capacity to meet performance indicators and deliver good results.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power point, Internet and Access)