Planning and Forecasting analyst
Airtel Tanzania PLC is one of the leading providers of telecommunications and mobile money services with operations across Tanzania. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, Airtel Tanzania ranks amongst the top 3 mobile services providers in Tanzania in terms of subscribers. Airtel Tanzania offers an integrated suite of telecommunications solutions to its subscribers, including mobile voice , data services as well as mobile money services both nationally and internationally. Airtel Tanzania aims to continue providing a simple and intuitive customer experience through streamlined customer journeys.
Airtel Tanzania PLC was launched in October 2001 and is Tanzania’s most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunications sector.
Airtel Tanzania PLC wishes to recruit for a Planning and Forecasting Team Leader position. The role reports directly to the Business Planning & Analysis Manager in Business Enterprise Department. He/She will be responsible to prepare relevant reports and plans in line with management guidelines aimed at providing direction to achieving overall business goals and performance measurement.
The Role Holder duties will include but not limited to:
1. Planning & Forecasting
- Build AOP Financials, based on functional and Operational Inputs.
- Preparation of monthly Flash & Forecast (F&F).
- Review of Monthly/Quarterly Analysis of Variance.
- Monitoring of Variance analysis against AOP and Flash
- Preparation of monthly MIS (MAPA and MRP Commentary)
- Preparation of monthly commentary on Actual and AOP
2. Prepare & Update Long Term Business Projections;
- Pre-launch analysis for various products
- Post launch analysis of products launched
- Product profitability analysis
- Preparation of 3/5-year plan as appropriate.
3. External Benchmarking;
- Issue quarterly competitor analysis (when required)
- Review of monthly Mark to Market KPIs
- Review of monthly KPI Decks
4. Daily, Monthly & Quarterly Reporting Packs;
- Preparation of monthly commentary and also variance analysis against previous month actual and flash for Group deliverables
- Preparation of Daily Closed Watched Number (CWN) and Daily Revenue Indicator (DRI) and other reports
- Variance analysis between CWN/DRI and MAPA
- Preparation and reporting of monthly and daily KPIs
- Prepare monthly reporting packs for function (if required)
- Monthly review deck for Business Review (When required)
- Quarterly Review deck for Audit Committee ( When Required);
Academic and Qualifications and Experience;
- University Degree in Commerce, Accounting or any other business related
- Professional qualification in Accounting (ACCA/CPA) is a must
- 3-4 years experience in Finance planning and Forecasting preferably in corporate environment, banking, auditing firm or Telecoms
- In-depth knowledge of the telecoms industry.
- Strong Analytical skills & MS Excel proficiency
Competencies and Behavior required;
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Good organizational and team work skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
- Attention to detail
- Confident, assertive with good negotiation skills
- Excellent time Management Skills
Deadline for receiving applications is 28th October 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of; among others, their race, disability, religion or gender. All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
“Airtel Tanzania Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.