Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care, and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the MSI Reproductive Choices Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide. To make Marie Stopes Tanzania the best place to work, MST is committed to its employees, clients, children, and vulnerable adults’ protection, and has zero tolerance to any sort of harassment. MST also promotes a speaking up culture whereby employees work transparently and are empowered to report any existence or potential existence of harassment at workplaces. In addition, Marie Stopes Tanzania takes good care of Maternal issues and provides very comprehensive maternity benefits. These include but not limited to friendly medical benefits and supports costs while travelling to trainings outside the duty station and other capacity building initiatives during the early post-natal period.
MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.
We are looking for active and qualified individuals for the following roles
Sales Representative: 1 Position- Dar es Salaam
Reporting to Social Marketing Manager. The main responsibility of the Sales Representative will be to use her/his knowledge of MST products to connect with Distributors and Consumers and generate sales for MST. The duties will include developing sales pitches to sell MST products for both Primary Sales to Key Distributors and Secondary Sales to Wholesalers and Retail Traders, making cold calls to sales leads or taking calls from prospective customers and maintaining documentation of their sales like invoices or client contracts and debt collection and credit management. The position involves field market work and extensive travel within assigned territory and outside (75%).
Among the Key Responsibilities:
- Identifying potential clients in their territories and with the guidance of the manager plan on the mode of interaction with such and other providers.
- Achieving set targets in their respective assigned territories, debtors ‘collection as on due date.
- Making MST’s products/brands available in targeted number of retail outlets in the assigned territory.
- Working closely with key distributors to generate primary sales and assist the distributors in secondary sales (i.e., sales to retail outlets).
- Merchandising and putting up point of sale materials at retail outlets.
- Planning and in some cases conducting CMEs in the respective areas.
- Report on activities done on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to the manager and provides market feedback and offer useful suggestions on how to counter competition.
- Required to adhere to all organizational procedures and policies on communication.
- Handling Customer database and responsible for customer creation.
- Gathering market intelligence and providing insights.
- Provide customer support – After Sales Support.
- Handling Stock Movement and Planning.
- Work closely with rest of Sales teams to meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Set examples for sales team in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Maintain contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Conduct regular coaching and counselling with sales teams to build motivation and selling skills.
- Extensive experience in all aspect’s Distributor Relationship Management.
- Experience within the reproductive health sector highly preferable.
- 3-4 years of experience in FMCG or Pharmaceutical Sales.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Post graduate qualification e.g. MBA will be an added advantage.
- Able to understand and execute strategic vision.
- Negotiation, influencing and conflict management skills.
- Able to manage and motivate teams to achieve targets and to achieve organisational change.
- Strong written, reading and spoken English Language skills.
- Proven ability to ‘sell’ ideas, concepts.
- IT literate.
Mode of Application:
If you feel that you can meet the requirements, and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and cover letter by email detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
Plot 421 & 422 Mwenge | Kijitonyama area
P.O. Box 7072, Dar es Salaam | Tanzania.
Telephone: +255 22 2774991-4, +255 22 2702030-2
E-mail : email@example.com
Closing date: All applications should reach the addressee before Monday November 15, 2021. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.