CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaam , Tanzania | Posted on 11/04/2021
- Development & enablement of Business Strategy and finance functional strategies in partnership with MD, Exec and GFD respectively.
- Maximise value creation and efficiency of sales & marketing programmes through effective decision support with Sales & Marketing teams.
- To ensure all financial controls are in place and lead the development & implementation of Controls, Compliance & Governance agenda for the company
- Ensure effective & efficient system infrastructure working with SAP and fully leverage offerings of shared services.
- Build effective relationships with customers/distributors to enhance the RTM in partnership with Sales team.
- Support Board and MD in strategic direction setting through timely and complete performance analysis and communication
1. Bring rigour into decision-making across the Business in order to drive
2. Self Confidence and ownership – you have to show initiative and take
lead in all aspects of the business.
3. People Performance – you have to create and establish effective
working relationships across the business in particular with the Executive
team and Extended Leadership team. Within this you have to be flexible in
your interpersonal style and culturally sensitive. You also have to take the
lead in actively developing your people.
4. Edge – you must be strong willed and decisive. You have to be
prepared to make the tough decisions and see them through in order to
drive the performance of the business.
5. Strong relationship with central functions in company, understanding and
leveraging of best practices, ability to maneuver through the complex
processes and make sure that the client’s accesses all opportunities.
6. Living the values – Demonstrating infectious passion for the business,
its customers, brands and people
7. Manage external relationships including revenue authority, other
authorities, banks, etc.
1. Strategic Business Management
a. Constructively challenge, input and maximise value in key
business areas and drive exceptional business performance
(raise the bar), constantly seek improved value from existing
Business e.g. Value Chain Analysis, cost to serve, brand value
engineering, CAPEX investment appraisal
b. Drive robust strategic planning processes to deliver Mission &
strategic plans for the business and drive cost centre variance
reporting, tracking overheads across the business to ensure
control of overspends.
c. MFV leader – Provide coaching support to Commercial teams
d. Ensure solid and constructive relationships with external
stakeholders, particularly banks and government institutions
e. Provide cover for MD in her absence, sit on the board to report
on business financial performance.
2. Strategic Finance Management
a. Ensure financial reports are accurate, timely and within the
the client reporting standards on monthly, quarterly and year
end and network with Subsidiary Finance heads to ensure
integrated financial management.
b. Measure working capital performance against set KPIs and take
corrective steps when deviations occur, ensuring management of
stores department that leads to optimal stock levels and reduces
c. Through relevant recruitment, training and development,
maintain a competent and well-motivated finance team.
3. Internal Controls Custodian
a. Energise and provide the mind set for the organisation around
the business performance management ethic and enforce
b. Drive IFRS & CARM to be fully embedded across Business &
track progress and action on areas of non-conformance and coordinate all audit work in business.
- MBA in Finance or equivalent.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CPA (T)).
- Proficient in the use of ERP systems such as SAP.
- Proficiency in the use of finance reporting systems and advanced knowledge of excel and Presentation
At least 10 years finance management experience, with at least 5 years
in senior management in a reputable international organization.
Experience in FMCG will be an added advantage.
Inability to manage key stakeholders expectations
CLICK HERE TO APPLY