MIDWIFE (Nursing Officer)
POSITION: MIDWIFE (Nursing Officer)
Maternity Africa is a local nonprofit organization in Arusha-Tanzania, devoted to helping make child birth safe and treating obstetrical fistulas. We support local communities, provide information to keep mothers and babies healthy, as well as excellent medical care and training to ensure safer deliveries.
We are looking to appoint a kind and compassionate Midwife to be part of a passionate, dedicated and loving team working together to create a safe and clinical excellence Maternity Centre. If you want to work in a dynamic and fulfilling team environment, this job is for you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend daily bed to bed ward round of patients
- Complete the inpatient record sheet appropriately every morning at handover
- Ensure compliance of day to day clinical duties as allocated and required within the unit-including clinic, wards, delivery suite and theatres
- Adhere to the documentation and data collection systems and ensure accuracy for the clinical area
- Maintain the delivery register for accurate data collection
- Ensure sterilisation of delivery and dressing packs has been undertaken appropriately
- Ensure clinical waste is disposed appropriately
- Provide health education advice to antenatal and postnatal women and families including family planning counselling and advice.
- Support all other nursing/midwifery and support staff in the clinical area
- Adhere to the monthly rosters for the maternity unit-including working day/night duty and weekends on rotation
- Ready to work in rotations in all the clinical departments
- Conduct in-house and external classroom training sessions and hands on training and mentorship.
- Take on any other roles and responsibilities that arise in the day to day running of the centre as defined by the management team
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum qualification of a Bachelor in Nursing and Midwifery.
- Must be registered by Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council and possess current practicing license.
- A minimum of 5 years’ proved professional experience.
- Applicants with additional tutor qualifications and Training skills will have an added advantage.
- A compassionate and safe practitioner
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their cover letter (Max of a Page), Curriculum Vitae (Max of 4 pages), Professional Certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application should be sent by 12th November, 2021. If you do not hear from us within a week from the closing date, please consider your applications unsuccessful.