Relationship Manager; Government Banking
Reporting line- Senior Manager; Local Government
To drive the Government business portfolio both in volume and value through building a positive relationship with the Government and its stakeholders within Zanzibar (Unguja and Pemba) by generating/identifying new business opportunities/avenues for the Bank.
- Grow unit’s profitability through effective development of new business opportunities with 50 – 75% of time dedicated to calling and potential customers to identify business needs and corresponding sales opportunities bank-wide.
- Work closely with Branches to understand Government Financial needs and recommend/share with HQ departments to develop solutions.
- Prepare and deliver formal presentations to customers and potential customers.
- Support the development of long-term Government business retention plans.
- Prepare key business periodical reports to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide professional financial advisory services to Government accounting officers and other stakeholders within Zanzibar.
- Resolve customer complaints quickly and effectively.
- Perform quarterly analysis of Government deposit trends and share analysis with recommendations to team leader.
- Forward upselling and cross-selling opportunities to the responsible unit within the Bank.
- Perform market analysis to gain a solid knowledge of competitors.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Account, Finance or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Sales and deposit mobilisation.
- Understanding of Zanzibar Government structure and administrative levels.
- In-depth knowledge of Bank products, services and delivery channels.
- Selling and Negotiation Skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Relationship Management skills.