Ref. No. AB.322/267/01/02
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of the Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland. Apart from this, it is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations using Weighbridges.
The Regional Manager TANROADS – Arusha, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS intends to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill various vacant posts on specific contract within the Region.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian to fill various vacancies in the region at its Kimokouwa Weighbridge Station at Longido District and Regional Manager’s Office.
POSITION TITLE: DRIVER (6 POSTS)
Educational/Professional qualifications: –
- Holder of Form IV Certificate and a Valid Driving License Class C1 or E
- Must be attended driving course offered by VETA or National Institute of Transport (NIT);
- Fluent in both Swahili and English;
- Work Experience: At least 3 years’ cumulative experience in the relevant post with no records of road accidents;
- Possession on at least Trade Test Grade ll/Level II in Motor Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanical is an added advantage;
Duties and responsibilities: –
- To drive Agency motor vehicle towards approved destinations and in accordance with traffic Regulations;
- To undertake minor mechanical repairs;
- To take vehicles due for routine maintenance /repair to the appointed service agent;
- To maintain motor vehicle log books;
- To make pre-inspection to the assigned vehicle prior travelling and report mechanical damages/defects;
- To ensure safety and cleanliness of the vehicle at all times.
- To deliver and collect mail and goods;
- To report promptly accidents or incidents involving the vehicle to the relevant authority;
- To perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Supervisor.
- Remuneration: TRDS 2.1
TERMS AND CONDITION OF SERVICE:
Two years Contract terms (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance) and availability of funds.
- Applicants must attach an up – to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificate;
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
- Birth certificate;
- Submission of the following documents is strictly not acceptable;
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three relevant referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary, Advanced level or universities/colleges should be authenticated by the National respective organs (NECTA, NACTE or TCU).
- A signed HAND WRITTEN APPLICATION LETTER should either be in Swahili or English.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will render to necessitate legal action;
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTED TO THE ADDRESS BELOW
Tanzania National Roads Agency,
P.O Box 3094,
Deadline for application is Friday, 19th November, 2021