JOB TITLE: JOB ADVERT- Financial Accountant Officer (Immediately)
JOB LOCATION: Dar Es Salaam Tanzania
Company Name: Caliber First Group Limited (CFGL)
Caliber First Group Limited (CFGL) seeks a Financial Accountant Officer. S/he will play a key role in finance and accountants management and ensure that staff and management receive high quality, professional and responsive services. S/he will also implement financial accounting management policies, procedures and systems and ensure compliance with corporate and project standards as well as maintain oversight of day-to-day financial accounting activities. The position will be located in Dar es Salaam.
- Manage all financial and accounting management activities for the program including bank account and petty cash reconciliations; accounts payable; sourcing and contracting of suppliers; review and verification of invoices; data entry into accounting systems; fund transfers; and bank, EFT, cheque and cash payments.
- Establish and manage systems for cash and EFT payments to staff including per diems, accommodation/travel allowances, expense claims and petty cash.
- Assist with strategic financial management activities including annual budget development, financial planning and cash flowing, and financial reporting.
- Complies with Tanzanian tax filing requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements; advising management on required actions; calculating quarterly estimated tax payments; assembling data for quarterly and annual tax filings.
- Keep informed about Tanzanian taxation laws and work with senior colleagues to ensure all areas are tax compliant.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the sub brands team and manage the provision of high quality and responsive services.
- Provide expert guidance in the costing of personnel, activities and operations.
- Organize and maintain comprehensive financial accounting files and ensure all recording is compliant with audit, corporate and client requirements.
- Develop effective and professional working relationships with key CFG staff in the Dar es Salaam and Kisarawe offices to ensure financial management approaches comply with Tanzanian laws and company requirements.
- Work closely with the Assistant CEO to establish and implement the program payroll system for national staff; ensure all salary payments are accurate and timely.
- Preparing the year-end accounts and statutory accounts, also conducting internal audits in a quarterly basis.
- Tax reporting and inventory processing
- Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Support senior management to establish and implement policies and procedures for fraud control, anti-corruption and anti-bribery.
Qualifications and experience:
- Must have a Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance or similar qualifications.
- CPA holder will be an added advantage.
- Tertiary qualifications in financial management, accounting or equivalent discipline related to the roles and functions of the position.
- Two to Five years’ experience with financial accounting officer of large, complex organizations.
- Demonstrated high-level experience in the implementation of financial accounting management systems including the ability to operate accounting software, cash books, cash transfers, (cash, cheques, internet banking, contracts).
- Demonstrated sound experience and solid practical understanding of VAT, WHT, income tax, and other taxes.
- Demonstrated record of paying attention to detail and an impeccable record of working with senior positions of trust with responsibility for financial affairs and cash handling.
- Demonstrated high-level teamwork abilities and an ability to work with teams in environment.
- Fluent and highly developed verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili.
- Prior experience with Audit is desirable.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications must include:
1. Curriculum vitae/resume.
2. Name and contact details (phone and email) of three referees.
Send your applications to:
Due date is 11th NOVEMBER 2021 at 03:30 pm.