15 Job Vacancies at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine – Hd Mechanics
JOB ADVERT – HD Mechanic (15 VACANCIES)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit HD Mechanic to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his/her team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to HME Supervisor
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e., attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting, and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health, and
- Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Follow all maintenance procedures and ensure the completion of mechanical activities according to standard without causing any further damage to any component/system/equipment.
- Ensure equipment isolation, adhere to working at height and confined space standards/ procedures, and conduct pre-start checks/ inspections.
- Carry out mechanical repair and preventative maintenance to maintain Plant & Mobile equipment safely and efficiently to achieve production and cost targets.
- Carry out troubleshooting, fault finding, and corrective maintenance to solve unplanned equipment unavailability events.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum equipment availability.
- Utilize work instructions to determine job requirements, including job sheets, quality, quantity of materials/ resources, etc.
- Perform PM inspection according to the maintenance requirements and ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
- Conduct Mobile and Plant equipment upgrades/modifications as required.
- Removal of the machine components and replacement.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to the First Line Leader on conditions that may affect the functionality of the equipment.
- Ensure First Line Leaders and all stakeholders are informed of equipment availability status.
- Follow up on outstanding maintenance/ repairs.
- Complete shift handover process.
- Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills and develop their full potential.
- Under the direction of the First Line Leader, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experienced personnel.
- Ordinary secondary education (Form IV)
- Trade-certified Fitter, FTC or IMTT
- Exposure to working with automation of underground mechanized mining equipment
- A valid Tanzanian Driving Licence.
- Minimum 3 years working on Sandvik mechanized mining equipment.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English, both writing and verbal
- Must have proven experience working as part of a high-speed mechanized jumbo development maintenance team with a sound understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems on mobile machinery.
- The ability to diagnose faults and rectify them in a time-efficient manner is critical
- The ability to interpolates hydraulic schematics and basic Electrical circuit.
- Good Communication Skills, English & Swahili
- Exposure to the industry’s best preventative maintenance regimes is imperative to ensure machinery and equipment are always maintained to the high level of availability.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Bulyanhulu is situated in north-west Tanzania, in the Kahama district of the Shinyanga region, approximately 55 kilometres south of Lake Victoria and 150 kilometres southwest of the city of Mwanza.
Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver and copper mineralisation in sulphides. The mineralisation of Bulyanhulu is associated with a number of steeply-dipping veins. Bulyanhulu commenced commercial production in 2001.
HOW TO APPLY