Position: Assistant Data Officer
Reports To: Data Manager
Work Station: Bagamoyo
Apply By: 14th December 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IHI is looking for a qualified and experienced individual to take the position Assistant Data Officer in the Ebola Vaccine Trial (EBL08). He/she will be responsible for data entry and supporting the management of the clinical trial databases at the Clinical Trials Facility
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inserts and modifies data in clinical databases from case report forms and other data collection instruments using clinical trial data collection systems.
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents.
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested.
- Logs incoming clinical trial documents and ensures that documents are correctly routed through the data operations.
- Maintains study participant files.
- Compiles requested information on participant files and clinical documentation for data operations and clinical personnel.
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost.
- Support in the design and development of and case report forms and databases.
- Communicate with other study staff regularly at scheduled meeting.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the data manager.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology/Health Informatics or Statistics
- Proficiency in the use of Excel, Access and other databases will be a plus
- Proven experience of performing compilation and entry of clinical trial-related data into clinical trial databases
Skills and Competencies
- Time Management to establish priorities and planning the project timeline.
- Leadership and Management Skills to run meeting and conflict resolution (effective in Decision Making.
- Interpersonal skills
- Hard working.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00 on 14/12/2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: ASSISTANT DATA OFFICER – EBL08 STUDY]. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania