Administration/ cum Librarian Officer
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaam , Tanzania | Posted on 12/08/2021
The position is to manage learning resources while keeping the library users’ needs in mind as well as attending admin tasks.
A. ADMINISTRATION 30%
- Coordinating administration tasks such as supervising staff from gardening, cleaning, security companies and consultant drivers.
- Performing day to day administration activities as assigned by the Peoples Development Manager
B. LIBRARY 70%
- Selecting, developing, cataloguing, and classifying library resources answering readers’ enquiries.
- Ensuring that library services meet the needs of particular groups of users (eg staff, postgraduate students, disabled students)
- Evaluate materials to determine outdated or unused items to be discarded.
- Compile lists of books, periodicals, articles, and audio-visual materials on particular subjects
- Develop and index databases that provide information for library users.
- Plan and participate in fundraising drives.
- Perform public relations work for the library, such as giving televised book reviews and community talks.
- Manage the acquisitions of new materials.
- Prepare and conduct exhibitions of organization’s publications at various events such as Sabasaba, Nanenane and other Commemorations
- Degree or Diploma or advanced studies in library science
- Diploma/Certificate in Public administration and Management
- Information computing technology
- Excellent oral and written English and Kiswahili
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with the use of databases and the internet
- Team working and management skills
- Assessment of resources and library users’ needs
- Presentation and verbal communication skills
Minimum seven (5) years of relevant experience.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY