Job Title : Biomedical Engineer
Department : Medical Services
Reports To :HOD Medical Services
Date : 16th Jan 2022.
A Biomedical Engineer, or Biomedical Engineering Specialist, is responsible for developing, repair and maintenance of biomedical equipment and medical devices in order to ensure safety and functionality of all medical equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Installing and maintaining equipment to use in a medical setting
- designing, developing, testing and modifying products, equipment and devices
- training staff to use equipment safely
- maintaining equipment
- writing reports and documentation
- Taking steps to prevent malfunction of biomedical equipment
- Researches and identifies new procedures, materials, energy sources, and other resources that may be used to improve or develop biomedical products and equipment.
- Provides technical support regarding biomedical equipment.
- Assessing the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of biomedical equipment
Skills and Qualifications:
- Documentation skills
- Analysing information
- Creating a safe, effective environment
- Infection control
- Training management
- Lab environment
- Clinical lab testing
- Equipment calibration
- Conceptual skills
Bachelor degree in Biomedical Engineering/Biomedical science or related field required,
Minimum of 3 years’ experience working within the field of biomedical engineering
Interested applicants are required to submit a cover letter with current CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org copy email@example.com before 16th Jan, 2022.