Airport Operations Officer II (18 Post)
Tanzania Airports Authority (TAA)
Tanzania Airports Authority (TAA) is a Government Executive Agency established to operate, manage, maintain and develop Government owned airports with a commercially oriented Management style. As of implementing its Organizational Structure, TAA hereby invites applications from suitably qualified, creative and results driven candidates to fill the following vacant posts.
Post Title: Airport Operations Officer II (18 Post)
Reports to: Director of Julius Nyerere International Airport or Director of Regional Airports
KEY DUTIES INCLUDE:
- To carry out regular airfield inspection on the maneuvering areas of airport and apron to ensure safety and serviceability of infrastructure and landing aids and report status,
- To supervise services rendered by services contractor in the terminal building and public areas and ensure compliance to Service Level Agreement,
- To ensure upkeep of airport airstrip (grass cutting, open drainage and cleanness),
- To ensure quality services and serviceability of facilities in terminal building and public areas,
- To ensure availability and readiness of apron management services,
- To respond and provide assistance during airport emergencies as may be required/directed by senior operations officer,
- To participate in the coordination and facilitation of VIP’s and Heads of state,
- To perform other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Holder of Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Public Administration, Public Relations, International Relations, Transport and Logistics Management and Certificate of Airport Security Awareness Training or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution.
Salary scale: TAAS 4
MODE OF APPLICATION.
All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania;
- People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply and should indicate clearly in their application letter;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; Postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective
- Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
- Birth certificate;
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA);
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The
- Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
- The applicant who will submit the application through e-mail address provided bellow should attach all necessary attachments as one document or file in PDF format;
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview;
Deadline for application is on 7th September, 2023 and;
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit their applications through email@example.com or to the following address.
The Director General,
Tanzania Airports Authority,
1206 Kipwa Airport Street, P.O.Box 18000,
DAR ES SALAAM.