Logistics Assistant and Driver
CBM is an international Christian development organization committed to improving people’s quality of life with disabilities in the world. CBM addresses disability as a cause and consequence of poverty and works in partnership to create an inclusive society for all. For more information, visit our website at www.cbm.org
CBM intends to recruit a Logistics Assistant and Driver, who will coordinate logistical support services to contribute to the smooth and effective functioning of the CBM Country Office in Tanzania. The job holder may be required to give additional support during office events and field trips as delegated.
General Logistical support
- Maintain an up at date record of staff movement for travel tracking for security management
- Run office errands such as the delivery of documents, equipment, mail and other errands as may be required from time to time for the smooth running of the office
- Drives staff members and official visitors for project-related trips, activities, and assignments as requested
- Facilitate the transfer of project visitors to/from their respective hotels to the office as well as airport transfers upon request
- Induct staff on vehicle SPOs before embarking on a field mission; ensure that passengers adhere to the traffic rules and regulations
- Maintain an up-to-date record of the logbook (mileage, destinations, times & passengers, maintenance) for each trip in the book provided;
- Acts as an interpreter when carrying passengers who do not understand the local languages and whenever required
- Uphold and abide by the Vehicle policy and local traffic rules and standards
- Ensures that all vehicles assigned are serviced and adequately checked before undertaking a long drive
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident
- Present proper receipts on any expenditure incurred on their vehicle to the Officer in charge
- Submit a written report if any damage is done or noticed on the vehicle.
- Assist in preparing a weekly travel schedule for staff in consultation with the administration team; ensure all vehicles have all accessories, submission of status reports, maintenance, fuel, vehicle cleanliness, and general observation of SOPs.
- In liaison with the line supervisor, ensure that the Licenses are up-to-date and that vehicles are well maintained and serviced on time as the need arises.
- Ensure that all vehicles fitted with the necessary security apparatus
- Receive all utility bills and present them to the Finance office promptly
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs, and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies, including insurance, vehicle logs, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts are in each CBM vehicle
- Assist with office tasks such as photocopying, pick up of supplies, etc
- Collects and delivers mail or documents as when required
- Conduct bi-monthly checks on the functionality of the office property, vehicles, generator, and communicate on any aspects that require further attention
- Tag office assets and give up to date information for asset registers as required
- Participate in periodic inventory verification and counting under the guidance of the Administration Officer.
- Diploma in a relevant field, such as Business Administration, Logistics, etc.
- At least two (2) years of related work experience, particularly with international NGO preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years driving experience in the capital city and various major towns in the country;
- Ability to cope under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to efficiently handle a range of tasks concurrently to meet different needs;
- Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment and willingness to learn;
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Willingness to travel, within and outside the country, and specifically capital city;
Valid approved Driving License;
- Excellent knowledge of local driving rules and regulations, traffic laws, a good understanding of the city and alternate routes to enable quick access;
Certificate of Good conduct from the police;
- Willingness to adhere and commit to CBM Code of conduct, CBM’s values, and Safeguarding policy.
- Track record of acting with integrity.
How to apply
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references, and salary expectations to email@example.com
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 March 2021