Electrical Technician II (29 Post)
Tanzania Airports Authority (TAA)
Tanzania Airports Authority (TAA) is a Government Executive Agency established to operate, manage, maintain and develop Government owned airports with a commercially oriented Management style. As of implementing its Organizational Structure, TAA hereby invites applications from suitably qualified, creative and results driven candidates to fill the following vacant posts.
Post Title: Electrical Technician II (29 Post)
Reports to: Director of Engineering and Technical Services
KEY DUTIES INCLUED;
- To undertake daily inspection of all airport facilities so as to determine need for service or maintenance,
- To carry out preventative maintenance and fault diagnosis on plant and equipment so as to minimize breakdowns and maintenance costs,
- Carry out maintenance of airport equipment and buildings in accordance with preventive maintenance schedules/programs,
- To liaise with supervisor for modifications, improvements, installations and commissioning work,
- Assist the engineers and technicians and work as per their instructions and apply engineering solutions in order to solve technical problems and ensure compatibility, safety of system and reporting technical problems to engineers,
- To maintain awareness and compliance with technical, safety health environment (SHE), standards, regulations and procedures.
- To liaise with other airport users interested in making alterations or additions to existing structures,
- To collect data for planning, maintain and update records whenever necessary,
- Maintain a high standard of proficiency in own skill areas and,
- To perform any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor.
MODE OF APPLICATION.
All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania;
- People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply and should indicate clearly in their application letter;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; Postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective
- Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
- Birth certificate;
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:- Form IV and form VI results slips; Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA);
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The
- Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
- The applicant who will submit the application through e-mail address provided bellow should attach all necessary attachments as one document or file in PDF format;
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview;
How To Apply
Deadline for application is on 7th September, 2023 and; xv. Interested applicants should submit their applications through: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address.
The Director General,
Tanzania Airports Authority,
1206 Kipwa Airport Street, P.O.Box 18000,
DAR ES SALAAM.