Position: Senior Sales And Marketing Officer II (3 Posts)
Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is expanding its network to meet the needs of its Business Strategy which focus on sustaining the recorded achievements and remain an airline of choice that meets and exceeds customers’ expectations in line of its mission of provision of reliable, safe, and high-quality services. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the positions mentioned below;
POSITION: SENIOR SALES AND MARKETING OFFICER II (3 POSTS)
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have Bachelor Degree in any field.
- Must have one of the following certificate; Air Transport Management, Air Ticketing, Air Cargo, Dangerous
- Goods, Ground Handling, or equivalent qualifications from any recognized Aviation institution.
- Must have seven (7) years of working experience in related field.
- Possession of Air Ticketing, Air Cargo, Dangerous Goods, Ground Handling will be an added advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the principal administrator for Air Tanzania in the assigned station safeguarding ATCLs interests.
- Develop, execute and drive both Passenger & Cargo Sales plan guaranteeing exposure of Air Tanzania’s product facilitating delivery of the company’s Sales targets and business objectives in the assigned territory.
- Liaise with GSA to build and maintain sales team representation and network to ensure sustenance of profitable sales revenues and market share for Air Tanzania.
- Manage and ensure a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely airport operation so that ATCL’s image, reputation and passenger service levels are maintained and enhanced.
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken for providing prompt service to Air Tanzania passengers in all operational areas [Passenger Services, Ticket Desk and in the Lounge] to maintain, and where required, to restore the goodwill and confidence of passengers facing various adverse situations (flight disruptions, denied boarding, etc.).
- Ensure that Service Level Agreements, On Time Performance and Baggage Services KPIs are achieved in line with the company standards.
- Ensure operations are conducted in accordance with conditions and restrictions of the AOC and in compliance with applicable regulatory, IOSA and Air Tanzania standards regulations.
- Ensure that adequate measures are implemented and maintained in order to protect the safety and security of the whole operation including aircraft, passengers, cargo, baggage and all staff.
- Lead, guide and develop staff in order to ensure the maintenance of a disciplined, motivated work force, and adherence to passenger service and other operation standards.
- Perform all administrative duties in an accurate and timely manner, e.g. Monthly Reports, Performance
- Appraisals, Budget preparations, Baggage Claim settlements, invoice verification, general correspondence, and complaint investigation and highlight areas of potential problems, reoccurring discrepancies, service failures and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Enhancing cooperation and relationship with external partners such as Other Airlines, Airport Authorities,
- Tourism Bureaus, Embassies & Consulates, relevant government authorities, Hotel partners, Car hire etc.
- Analyze trends on baggage interline misconnection and propose corrective measures.
- Analyze trends on baggage pilferage and theft and propose corrective measures.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Five (5) years contract with attractive remuneration and fringe benefits as per ATCL Salary Structure and Incentive Scheme.
MODE OF APPLICATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
Interested applicants must submit a dully signed letter for consideration of the applications attached with the following: –
- A curriculum vitae (CV),
- Certified copies of all certificates (including secondary school, birth certificates), other relevant certificates,
- Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities
- Tanzania Commission for University (TCU) or National Examination Council- NECTA)
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Name and address of at least two reputable referees;
- Applicants from Public Service should route their applications through their employers;
- Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone number.
Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences
The deadline for submitting the application is 11 August 2023.
MANAGING DIRECTOR & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O. BOX 543,
DAR ES SALAAM.
ATCL is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply. Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences.