Accounts Assistant (35 Post)
Tanzania Airports Authority (TAA)
Tanzania Airports Authority (TAA) is a Government Executive Agency established to operate, manage, maintain and develop Government owned airports with a commercially oriented Management style. As of implementing its Organizational Structure, TAA hereby invites applications from suitably qualified, creative and results driven candidates to fill the following vacant posts.
Post Title: Accounts Assistant (35 Post)
Reports to: Director of Finance and Business
KEY DUTIES INCLUDE:
- To prepare and maintain Accounting Register,
- To prepare Payment Vouchers and Revenue receipts,
- To maintain various Accounting Records,
- To dispatch letters and accounting documents to bank reconciliation of impress, advances, deposit and bank accounts,
- To serves payers of fees or charges and other interested parties at payment counter and by telephone, answering questions regarding fees and charges,
- To receive cash, credit card and check payments, records them, makes necessary change and receipts cash bills,
- To input into the department computer cash payments sent by mail,
- To investigate insufficient fund checks and makes re-deposits after clearance,
- To operate data terminal to print various cash statements and notices,
- To post back fees and charges to rate books and suspense books for permanent record purposes,
- To maintain data files by entering additions, changes and deletions and,
- To perform other related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Holder of Certificate of Accounting, ATEC I and Certificate of Airport Security Awareness Training equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
Salary Scale – TAAS 2
MODE OF APPLICATION.
All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania;
- People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply and should indicate clearly in their application letter;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; Postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates; Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts; Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates; Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable); Birth certificate;
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:- Form IV and form VI results slips; Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA);
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The
- Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
- The applicant who will submit the application through e-mail address provided bellow should attach all necessary attachments as one document or file in PDF format;
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview;
How To Apply
Deadline for application is on 7th September, 2023 and; Interested applicants should submit their applications through: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address.
The Director General,
Tanzania Airports Authority,
1206 Kipwa Airport Street, P.O.Box 18000,
DAR ES SALAAM.