41 ART Nurses Job Vacancies at MDH
ART Nurse (41 Posts)
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Muleba, Ngara, Misenyi, Karagwe, Bukoba, Muleba,
Kyerwa and Biharamulo District Councils; Bukoba RRH, Biharamulo DDH, Ndolage, ST. Mary’s Isingiro, Izimbya, Nyakaiga, Kagondo, Mugana, Rulenge, Rubya, and Nyakahanga Hospitals together with Bukoba Municipal Council to apply for the following posts (NB: These positions are only for the current Subgrantee Staff and Volunteers working under MDH Kagera region Only).
Job Title: ART Nurse (41 Posts)
Location: Any of the Districts Council or Hospitals in Kagera region Reports to: Facility in-charge
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Counseling patients with regard to HIV diagnosis, management of medications, adherence to clinic visits, psychosocial issues, and basic health self-care.
- Counseling and educating family members and care givers to promote secondary prevention of HIV infection, to improve the care of patients with HIV, and to strengthen social support networks of patients.
- Educating patients in all aspects of HIV disease, treatment management, prevention as well as basic health lifestyles.
- Ensuring that patients receive appropriate clinical care during a clinic visit, including scheduled or unscheduled physician examination and laboratory test.
- Adhering to nursing ethics as punctuality and cleanliness etc.
- Accurate and complete documentation of patient information and patient encounters in the patient medical record.
- Assisting patients to connect with other resources through the referral network.
- Assisting the physician in the provision of clinical care for patients.
- Performing any other duty as assigned by the nurse supervisor, site manager and OPD nurse officer in-charge.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- At least a Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Nursing.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment services
- Must have a valid license of practice.
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication.
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
- Ability to maintains confidentiality in all aspects.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION LETTERS, CVs and COPIES OF THEIR CERTIFICATES TO MDH KAGERA OFFICE, KIBOKO STREET, PWANI AREA.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – 22ND AUGUST 2023.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.