- Driver in Njombe
- Driver in Mtwara
- Driver in Morogoro
- Driver in Lindi
- Driver in Dar es Salaam
- Driver in Shinyanga
About the job
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Two (2) Driver positions in Mtwara for its EpiC project in Tanzania
Responsible for driving EpiC staff, consultants and visitors to locations for project meetings and activities and maintaining project vehicles.
Specific duties include:
- Drive staff to meetings and appointments as assigned.
- Operate the vehicle in accordance with the FHI 360 Vehicle Policy and ensuring that passengers comply with this policy e.g., the wearing of seat belts.
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle including checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tires etc.; and ensuring it remains undamaged and in working order.
- Maintain the vehicle travel and maintenance log as per policy
- Manage the daily mileage record and petrol consumption.
- When dealing with outside organizations, presenting FHI 360 in the best possible manner by being tidy, helpful and courteous.
- Report to the Supervisor immediately as possible any accident involving an FHI 360 vehicle and assist in the investigation of and follow up to any such accident.
- Notify the supervisor of any maintenance or vehicle problems.
- Ensure the vehicle is at all times kept clean and tidy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Secondary School or Vocational education plus at least three years’ driving experience. Certification from a reputable Driver’s Education program will be an added advantage.
- Must have a current, valid license with an excellent driving record showing no history for accidents.
- Must be a skilled and experienced safe driver for highway driving, preferably 3-5 years of local highway driving
- Sound Knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Preferred working experience with an international organization or donor project/NGO sector.
- Skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Good oral communications ability in both Kiswahili and English.
- Good personal qualities with ability to function in a team environment that includes different age ethnicities and culture groups; demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and other vulnerable groups.
- Demonstrated high level of personal integrity
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Ability to work after normal office hours.
- Basic knowledge of First Aid.
- Good knowledge of the region where the duty station is and surrounding area, streets neighbourhoods, airports, government offices and Tanzania Regions.
How to Apply:
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may apply online by uploading Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
Deadline for application is 09 August 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.