The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR-Mwanza Research Centre is one of the NIMR Centers located in Mwanza region. The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, non-communicable diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public health importance.
The National Institute for Medical Research is looking for the qualified, experienced and well-motivated personnel to fill the Policy Engagement Manager and Research Assistants for Parent App and Cyber Violence Studies at NIMR Mwanza Centre.
Job Position: Research Assistants (6 Posts)
REPORTING: The post holder will report to the Project Principal Investigator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To contact and arrange interview appointments with study participants;
- To consent and interview study participants;
- To make follow-up physical visits to study participants who are not reachable by mobile phone;
- To write up summaries of interviews and other fieldwork activities;
- To transcribe and translate into English the qualitative data audio recordings; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCE:
- Holder of Bachelor’s Degree in sociology, public health or any other related disciplines;
- Some experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative data collection;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Kiswahili and English; and
- Aged below 30 years.
The successful candidate will be based at NIMR Mwanza Centre with regular visits to study sites.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
Six Months contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate as per project budget
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Application letters should be written in English;
- Applicants must attach certified copies of Birth certificate, academic certificates and other awards;
- Application letters should be attached with curriculum vitae which includes not less than two relevant referees’ contacts
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; and
- A daytime mobile telephone number and e-mail contact details should be included in the application
All applications should be addressed to:
National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) Mwanza Centre,
Mwanza. Or through email: email@example.com
The deadline for submitting the application is 10 August 2023.