Abattoir General Manager
Our client is seeking an experienced General Manager to join their rapidly growing team. As an ideal candidate, they should be a born leader with previous Ranching and Abattoir managerial experience with proven experience in overseeing operations, and potentially human resources, finance and communications departments.
- Health & Safety: To ensure the implementation and the strict adherence to Health, Safety and Biosecurity practice and procedures of the Ranch
- Laws & Regulations: To ensure compliance with all laws and livestock regulations of the Country and in particular, but not limited to those that apply to the Company and the operations of the Ranch.
- Employees: To source, identify and hire skilled and unskilled employees, as appropriate, to carry out the functions required for Ranch and Abattoir operations.
- Training: To prepare and implement training practice and procedures for all Ranch and Abattoir personnel, to ensure that the highest level, appropriate to each employee’s position is achieved and maintained.
- Company Policy: To implement and maintain Company Policies relative to the operation of the Company.
- Company Representation: To serve as the on-site Liaison with Department of veterinary Services, Ministry of livestock and Fisheries Development and any other stakeholders.
- Government Authorities: To interact with all appropriate Government Ministries officials when necessary.
- Operations: To monitor and ensure the smooth running of the company to achieve the best results.
- Budget: To prepare the annual Ranch and Abattoir budget for all sections related to operations, personnel and repairs maintenance.
- Departmental Performance: To formulate and set standards inclusive of accountability and target by which the performance of the company can be measured and appraised accordingly.
- Third party companies: To identify and source third party companies to provide Livestock and veterinary services and inputs as necessary ensuring that the highest standards are maintained by conducting quality checks.
- Service Position: To ensure that the maintenance and repair services rendered to the Ranch and Abattoir are adequate, with minimal interruption to the operations.
- Environment: To maintain and uphold the Environment Protection procedures in accordance with the environmental impact assessment.
- Records: To ensure that all appropriate and necessary records are kept and maintained at all times.
- Meetings: To actively participate and contribute at Management Meetings on all matters, to the mutual benefit of the Company.
- Brand: To participate in the formulation of the company Brand, including promotion, awareness and protection in thereof.
Minimum Qualifications and Skill:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Meat Science, Livestock Production, Agri-Business or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the General Management of a Ranch and Abattoir.
- Must be willing to reside in Morogoro region
- Strong decision-making capabilities.
- Above-average communication, collaboration, and delegation skills.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain financial plans.
- Ability to motivate and lead people, and hold employees accountable.
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures.
All qualified and interested candidates shall send their CVs ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org by 05th November 2021.
While we appreciate all applicants who trust us enough to apply with us, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.