Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Reports To: Senior HRBP
Role: People & Culture Generalist, Zanzibar
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented professional to join our Zanzibar Team as an Admin Associate with HR and Admin experience. In this role, you will be responsible for managing company houses, providing administrative support as well a point of contact on HR matters to employees. Your primary focus will be ensuring efficient operations and creating a positive work environment. This position requires a strong background in Administration, HR, excellent communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- People Team
- Finance Team
- Management Team
- Hub Suppliers
- Local authorities in charge of remittance
- Zanzibar Employees
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and assist in the implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate employee records and databases, ensuring confidentiality and data integrity.
- Managing employee records and ensuring all documents are in the personal files and updating employee details on the company HR systems.
- Administer and track employee benefits, including enrollment, changes, and terminations.
- Support the recruitment process by screening resumes, scheduling interviews, and coordinating onboarding activities.
- Provide guidance to employees on HR-related inquiries, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborate with HRBPs and management to develop and implement employee engagement initiatives.
- Support employee communication efforts by creating and distributing internal communications, newsletters, and announcements.
- Organize and conduct employee surveys and feedback sessions to gather insights and identify areas for improvement.
- Drafting employee contracts, bank promotions and bonus letters.
- Managing the salary advance, Casuals, and internship payroll.
- Work with Payroll Partner to ensure accurate payroll processing for Zanzibar Team
- Guiding the business partners on the Zanzibar labour law and supporting in disciplinary hearings.
Company Houses Management:
- Oversee the management of company houses, including maintenance, repairs, and inventory management.
- Coordinate housekeeping services and ensure cleanliness and functionality of all facilities.
- Monitor and manage lease agreements, contracts, and relationships with landlords or property management companies.
- Address and resolve any issues or concerns related to company houses promptly and effectively.
- Provide general administrative support to the Zanzibar team, including managing calendars, scheduling meetings, and handling travel arrangements.
- Coordinate and organize company events, team-building activities, and employee recognition programs.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, reports, and other documentation as required.
- Maintain office, houses and warehouse supplies inventory and order necessary items when needed.
- Application of all work permits, visas, special passes and other immigration work-related documents.
The following experience is preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/ Business or a related field from a recognised institution.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people.
- Must be a flexible person with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must have analytical and people skills.
- Must be very organized and good at time management.
The following personal qualities are preferred:
- Ability to deal well with complexity and ambiguity, including excellent flexibility and adaptability.
- Commitment to the highest standards of quality.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn quickly in a highly dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Excellent emotional intelligence, including empathy, awareness and the ability to develop highly collaborative relationships.
- A skilled influencer and decisive thinker with the courage to raise challenges with credibility and sensitivity.
- Action-orientated, entrepreneurial and innovative.
- A commitment to Wasoko’s mission and values.
How To Apply