Title: Audit & Risk Officer
Responsible to: Risk & Audit Committee
Overall, Purpose of the Job
To support the organization in a range of risk and assurance activities. To ensure that risks are identified and managed, providing assurance in the effectiveness of controls.
- Audit & Risk Officer
- Risk & Audit Committe
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Will be responsible for operational risk reporting across the Company, creating informative and accurate reports.
- Will be involved in delivering the Company Risk, Management Strategy and the development and updating of Risk Registers.
- To carry out risk and control assessments to ensure any issues are reported immediately and to recommend corrective actions.
- Working with the business to promote an embedded risk culture
- To monitor compliance with high-risk policies and procedures on a regular basis. Make recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor compliance across the business to ensure critical controls are in place and effective.
- To undertake regular assurance mapping exercises throughout the business.
- To engage the business in assurance activities and help people to develop working practices which are efficient and proportionate.
- To ensure the business is kept up to date with pending regulatory changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on our processes and strategies.
- To lead co-ordination of Internal Audits services.
- To help the organization learn from risk events throughout our operating environment
- To support operational teams in developing Business Continuity plans that are fit for purpose and ensure business resilience.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Business-Related Studies
- At least one of the follows:
- Experience in Internal Audit
- Experience and/or relevant qualification in Risk management
- Experience and/or relevant qualification in Compliance
- Skilled MS Office PR actioner (demonstrating high level of knowledge in Excel).
- In depth knowledge of financial, operational, and compliance controls as well as accounting concepts and standards.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply a variety of audit practices including testing approaches, internal audit standards and best practices, risk-based auditing methodologies, and leading internal control frameworks.
- Understanding of risk frameworks and best practices of risk management.
Have an attention to detail and being able to analyses and interpret data and present information in a clear and logical manner
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and being able to work effectively with a range of people
- Ability to keep up to date with legislative and regulatory changes.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Communication Skills: Ability to effectively and professionally communicate verbally and written with both internal and external customers.
- Organizational Skills: Ability to organize, priorities, multi-task, be flexible in approach, and assist multiple internal and external customers concurrently.
- Critical Thinking Skills: Ability to apply objectivity, critical thinking, creativity, and consideration of diverse perspective
- Adaptability Skills: Ability to work independently or as part of a team. Willingness and ability to travel occasionally to different locations as assigned.
- Accountability Skills: Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
- Decision Making Skills: Ability to investigate and analyse information and to draw conclusions and recommendations.
How to Apply:
Send your CV and Application Letter to the following email address:firstname.lastname@example.org
UDAHILIPORTAL WHATSAPP GROUPS: JOIN NOW
Leave a Reply