Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit an Auto Electrician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering Section are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Mechanical Supervisor
- Identification of specifications, conditions and manufacturers’ requirements for mobile equipment.
- Conduct repair and preventative maintenance on mobile earth moving equipment, fixed pumping stations, and air conditioning units on mobile machines.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum machine availability.
- Completion of assigned work in a safe and timely manner, with minimum supervision and to an internationally acceptable standard.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to the First Line Leader on conditions that may affect functionality of equipment.
- Carry out troubleshooting, fault finding and corrective maintenance in order to solve unplanned equipment unavailability events.
- Maintain equipment integrity and equipment availability.
- Prevent further equipment damage/ faults.
- Complete pre start inspections, including check lists.
- Ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
- Follow up of outstanding maintenance/ repair.
- Active participation in training activities to gain new skills and development of full potential.
- Interpreting job requirements from work instructions.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ordinary level certificate – Form IV
- Mechanical trade certificate – (FTC, IMTT & VETA)
- Valid driving license is an added advantage
- 3 Years’ experience in similar role. Experience in mining industry is added as an advantage
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge on Caterpillar SIS and ET
- Good Communication Skills, English & Swahili
- Demonstrates a high concern for health, safety and environment
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 09th February 2022
BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
The post Auto Electrician at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine February, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.