Title: Base And Facilities Officer
Direct Reports: Logistics Team Leader (LTL)
Location : Liwale
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Technical College Diploma in Mechanics and/or Energy and/or Construction.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in similar position in MSF or with other INGOs is desirable
- English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required.
- Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infra-structure and vehicles in optimal running conditions
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures
- Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards…) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings ect. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
- Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Renewing the authorization to use radio material with local authorities.
- Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
- Preparing orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Friday, March 24th, 2023 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “BASE AND FACILITIES OFFICER”
Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District, or MSF Office – Liwale
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact MSFCH-Tanzania-HrManager@geneva.msf.org
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Leave a Reply