From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people. Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002 and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Guinness and Plisner. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®.
Purpose of Role:
- Work at the tier 1 & 2 to deliver Asset Care functional expertise across the area/site and lead the shift Asset
- Care Technicians and support the day-based asset care support team to resolve complex equipment problems
- Actively lead and sponsor capex and innovation activity at site level
- Lead and advocate good governance around internal and external compliance (health & safety, quality, and environment).
- Continuous Improvement – accountable for specialist improvement activity
- Provide high levels of specialist support to the operations teams.
- Proactively lead on performance analysis that drives improvement actions that address adverse performance trends.
- Lead the MMS Asset Care deployment within the Asset Care within areas of responsibility.
- Work with Operating Equipment Manufacturers to drive faster problem solving and greater plant availability
- Support in delivery of outstanding performance in all aspects of the balanced scorecard (Safety, Quality,
- Environment, Asset Care, Delivery, Productivity, Cost and Morale).
- Ensure adherence to Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Standards and compliance to maintenance regulatory standards at all times.
- Lead the deployment of the MMS Asset Care practices in the shift asset care teams and within the support team
- Lead the specialist support team to ensure maximum equipment availability
- Ensure the asset care team execute all scheduled specialist improvement activity.
- Attend daily asset care review meetings, and take appropriate action to provide support to course correct non conformance
- Continuously drives for next level of performance through review of Autonomous Maintenance, Asset Care and
- Focused Improvement.
- Ensure effective management of spare parts
- Take responsibility for the asset care budget and ensure most cost-effective solutions are executed
- Develop team morale, recognise great performance and take timely action to address under performance where necessary
- Role model and coach team in the use of problem-solving tools
- Apply specialist knowledge to lead improvement projects using DMAIC methodology
- Engage with the Daily Operational Review meetings to raise, discuss and follow up on persistent performance issues to root cause problem solving and effective control
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Graduate degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- At least 3 years supervisory experience in an operations environment
- Ability to manage people performance, coaching and development of a multi-disciplined team
- Thorough working knowledge and demonstrated expertise in all areas of utilities and brewing
- Proactive structured problem-solving skills learnt through exposure to Lean, Six Sigma, TPM or Manex
- Expert knowledge of RCPS, 5S, Set Up Time Reduction, Autonomous Maintenance
- Basic financial awareness, understanding of business drivers, budgeting processes.
- Proficient in use of standard business (MS Office) and Diageo packages.
- Project Management skills & experience
- Track record of maintenance management – KPI improvement, planning effectiveness and adherence, CI
How To Apply