Business Development Manager
Arusha , Tanzania | Posted on 03/07/2021
Responsible for developing alternative sales channels to support sales growth and surpass the revenue goals in a Company. Identifying new sales channels and creating relationships with different sales channels in order to increase the revenue targets.
- Spear head new sales channels development strategies for a Company Tanzania, strategy development initiatives and maintaining consistency with the business overall strategy.
- Conduct trade marketing, business analysis, performance analysis, competitive analysis weighing them against business set targets and KPI’s to determine effectiveness of sales initiatives and implement necessary changes and solutions. Create a competitive advantage for the business against competitors.
- Product management to identify market needs through different surveys and research, recommend future product lines, product roadmap, introduce and market new product to the market and monitor new product behavior in the market.
- Obtain product market share with the Head of Commercial to develop product sales strategies. To support the chief Sales Officer in planning annual, quarterly and monthly sales volume/revenue, value budgets and KPI’s.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product by reviewing product specification and requirements; appraising new products ideas and packaging changes.
- Work closely with the senior management team and advise them on sales strategies and forecasting, and general management issues in order to align business efforts and avoid conflicts of interest and enable the achievement of the business overall goals and target.
- Develop, implement and maintain digital sales platform to increase sales channels and decrease the cumbersomeness of sales process in purchasing.
- Deliver digital sales plan and marketing activity to transform chat sales performance and increase channel share. Ensure close alignment with other sales channels (Telesales), marketing proposition and brand to maximize the effectiveness of the channel.
- Examine growth, opportunities, product mix developments and taking responsibility of the country’s sales channels performance against its targets.
- Build and maintain rapport with governmental organization, sister companies and other prospect clients to increase value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Advise the Management on the sales direction within the country and measures to be taken.
- Motivate and influence the sales team to ensure that the team stays motivated and focused to achieve their targets.
- Subordinates effectiveness:
- Regular review of Team’s KPIs, performance assessment vs KPIs along with related internal and external reporting
- Ensure staff understands the context of their roles in relation to Company’s strategy
- Ensure staff in your department when performing their duties exhibit proper / acceptable behaviour.
- Ensure performance consequences are taken by the line managers in your department i.e. recognize best performers and manager poor performers from time to time through both, formal and informal feedback
- Assess and monitor the training and development needs of the staff in the department.
- Ensure staff have the resources they require to perform their work
We believe that great Business Development Manager
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging
- Departmental Revenue growth Performance
- Enforcement of Commercial Department Data policy
- Quality of departmental service
- Commercial department asset management
- S/he is accountable for adherence to the departmental assigned budget
- S/he is accountable to check before approving all financial request
- 10+ years of experience in Sales/ business development, in a fast paced and dynamic business environment.
- Previous experience in the fast moving consumer goods industry would be an added advantage
- Experience in digital marketing and sales platform.
- Experience in customer relationship management
- Business acumen and strong financial analysis awareness
- Self-starter with a passion for the Company and its mission
- Behavioral – flexible, eagerness to learn, problem solving, team player, creativity, etc.
- Minimum holder of Master’s in Business Administration, Marketing or any other related field
- General knowledge of Renewable industry, solar technology and related products.
- Interest in conducting research, data driven insights and Business analytical acumen.
- Excellent sense of urgency, time management (tight deadlines) backed with high organizational skills and building rapports.
- Ability to move and inspire team.
- Have a networking ability with current consumer’s, potential consumers and stake holder’s