Our client CRDB Bank Plc, is the leading bank in Tanzania with 3.3 million customers, 22% of total deposits and 22% of total assets in the country. With a wide network of 223 branches, 560 ATMs, 20 mobile branches, 17,031 banking agents 4,584 POS terminals, and 385 e-commerce merchants, the Bank offers comprehensive Corporate, Retail, Business, Treasury, Premier, and wholesale microfinance services. The Bank has also established two wholly owned subsidiaries namely; CRDB Bank Burundi S.A and CRDB Insurance Broker Ltd.
CRDB’s history of strong leadership and culture of innovation led it to receive “B1 stable outlook” by Moody`s – the highest rating to have been acquired by banks or financial institutions in sub-Saharan Africa. The Bank’s ability to develop uniquely tailored products and being responsive to market needs resulted into growth of 37.5% in net profit growth, 8.7% in total assets and 4.5% in customer deposits in the last financial year.
CRDB focuses on improving operational efficiency, increasing penetration into the key economic sectors, optimizing digital ecosystem, and diversifying portfolios with special focus on SMEs. The Bank is therefore looking for an experienced and effective leader, with strong business acumen and exemplary ethics to join the executive management team as Chief Commercial Officer (CCO). Reporting to the CEO, the CCO will be responsible for developing commercial and business development strategies that are optimized for short-term results and long-term sustainability and growth.
The specific responsibilities of the CCO at CRDB includes:
- Developing operations plans that will lead to increased market share in key selected economic sectors and portfolio diversification.
- Ensuring that technology transformation is aligned to customer changing and diverse needs.
- Using data analytics, develop products, channels and marketing campaigns that are aligned with targeted customers’ needs.
- Designing and maintaining robust customer management system that facilitates effective acquisition, retention, engagement, and continuous service.
- Monitoring market trends, providing regular competitor analysis and drawing insights to inform management decisions.
- Implementing sound business practices with focus on maintaining quality loan portfolio, low non-performing loan ratio, competitive interest rates and a healthy profit and loss account.
- Proactively assessing business, financial, human resources and technology risks within the directorate and ensuring that they are monitored and minimized.
- Identifying and reporting potential and actual money laundering risk, including suspicious transactions according to Financial Intelligence Unit’s directives and the country’s AML and KYC procedures.
- Developing and overseeing adherence to policies, procedures to ensure compliance with national and international regulations and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Preparing, monitoring utilisation and reporting, to the Board, short- and long-term financial plans, including annual operating budget.
- Preparing standard and customised performance reports for the commercial directorate and present to executive management, board committees and regulatory bodies.
- Setting and cascading comprehensive goals and key performance indicators and effectively manage staff performance.
- Building a culture that is inclusive and fosters teamwork; integrity and strong ethics to facilitate excellent customer service.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key customers, collaborators, promoters, partners, vendors, banking industry executives, shareholders, and stakeholders.
- Advising the Group CEO on all strategic commercial matters.
- 10 years proven experience in banking, three of which must be in a senior management position in a medium to large entity.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in corporate and/or retail banking.
- Demonstrable competency in strategy execution, financial management and analytics.
- Outstanding leadership capabilities i.e. leading change, building strong teams and coaching for high performance.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision making and problem-solving skills; and
- University graduate from a recognized institution. Masters’ degree is an added advantage.
The post Chief Commercial Officer, CRDB Bank Plc / deloitte February, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.