Commissions Receivable Officer
To assist in a wide range of Bank Reconciliation and data input duties in the finance department
1. Ensure that all bank statements have been received daily, whether electronically or by hard copy
2. Ensure that bank reconciliations are done on a continuous basis, and that the end of month bank reconciliation for each account has been prepared and reviewed by your immediate supervisor by the 7th of the subsequent month
3. Obtain details of transactions from banks, advice receipt of funds to relevant where the money has been deposited directly into our accounts. All unknown transactions need to be resolved or escalated on a timely basis
4. Provide customer service to internal and external clients, resolve queries as appropriate
5. Monitor and process payments reimbursement of the branch imp rest accounts
6. Follow up with the branches to ensure any pending receipts are accounted for on a timely basis
7. Ensure that the cashbook is updated daily and that the bank accounts are not overdrawn
8. Follow up on all non-posted transactions in the system and un-cleared effects in the bank
9. To highlight to the supervisor any bounced cheques, or unusual transactions in the bank
10. Post and reconcile transfers between various bank accounts and ensure proper rates have been applied where there is a multi-currency transaction
11. Provide cover and support to the Cashier when required, assist with banking, receipting and petty cash handling
12. Assist with filing and general clerical duties in support of the bank reconciliation process.
13. Posting of any other entries as may be directed by your immediate supervisor.
14. Receive and verify invoices for goods and services, which are dully approved and supported by a requisition and a purchase order
15. Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
16. Tracking of imprests accounts, ensuring that all are dully supported on a timely basis. Close liaising with the cashier is required
17. Proper filling of all posted vouchers and other accounting documents on a timely basis.
18. In consultation with your immediate supervisor, verifying accuracy, approvals and account coding with keeping the UAP policies
19. Keeping track of payables, ensuring suppliers are paid within their agreed credit terms.
20. Maintain and scrutinize accounts Payable sub-ledger journals for compilation of General Ledger monthly
21. Any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the post and its grading as requested by your direct supervisor or Finance manager
Bachelors Degree (B): Accounting (Required)