Consultancy to Develop and Train on Data analysis tools and presentation dashboards
Terms of Reference
Project Name: Strengthening Young People’s Voice for Access to Integrated Comprehensive SRH Services in Morogoro and Iringa Regions, Tanzania
- CHAMA CHA UZAZI NA MALEZI BORA TANZANIA (UMATI)
Chama cha Uzazi na Malezi Bora Tanzania (UMATI) is an autonomous, non-political national NGO providing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information, education, and services in Tanzania. It has been in operation since 1959 and became a leading national organization providing quality youth-friendly SRH information and services, particularly to young people and women. In 1973 UMATI became a full member association of International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) where technical and core funds support was provided. By being a member of IPPF, UMATI is internationally connected through experience sharing with other IPPF member associations.
UMATI is envisioning to see a Tanzania where people are free to choose and exercise their Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights without discrimination in gender, sex, and age. The visioning process of UMATI highlighted the need to integrate “without discrimination” as a recurring theme as well as an organizational value statement. “Freedom of choice” was agreed as a paramount inclusion at the end that UMATI would love to see by doing its core business.
UMATI’s Mission Statement is to champion SRHR and provide information and services targeting the young and underserved. In coming up with the Mission Statement, cognizance was put on the strategic position of UMATI as a leading SRHR service provider in Tanzania. This was eventually replaced by “champion” recognizing the need to lead not only by the provision of services but also by enabling other service providers including capacity building to local CSOs partners in the country to champion SRHR through their advocacy initiatives. UMATI strives for structural poverty reduction by improving the health of people in the country regardless of gender and political or religious beliefs, with priorities being given to the poorest communities and hard-to-reach populations.
- SAUTI YA VIJANA | STRENGTHENING YOUTH VOICE PROJECT
Strengthening Young People’s Voice for Access Integrated Comprehensive SRH services (SYV) Project is a two (2) years project implemented by UMATI and WGNRR Africa. This project aims to increase young people’s ability to collectively advocate for the fulfillment of their SRHR and to live free from discrimination and violence. Specifically, the project will connect young people advocates and health workers to work together using evidence-based approaches to remove social, legal, and institutional barriers to Adolescent Girls and Young Women’s (AGYWs) access to integrated SRH services and information through joint advocacy campaigning, demand creation, and service delivery; and to create of safe spaces that facilitate mutual learning, sharing and supporting. This project will be implemented in two Regions of Morogoro and Iringa in five districts of Morogoro MC, Kilosa, Mvomero, Iringa MC, and Kilolo.
- PROJECT GOAL, OBJECTIVE, PURPOSE & INTERMEDIATE OUTCOMES
- Project Goal
To see all youth and women enjoy their bodily autonomy and SRHR with the complete ability to fulfill their full potential free from gender or age-related oppression or violence.
- Project Objective:
- To build the capacity of Youth-led CSOs to generate knowledge to influence policies and practices on SRHR and post-abortion care services.
- To engage youth and women-led CSOs and networks at the regional and national level to undertake advocacy and promote effective measures to end gender inequalities and improve access to SRH and post-abortion care services.
- To strengthen local youth and women movements at the regional and national level in shifting social norms and raising community awareness regarding SRHR.
- To expand access to integrated, quality, and right-based SRH and safe abortion services to poor, hard-to-reach, vulnerable/marginalized youth and women of reproductive age using innovative mobile outreach model and demand generation techniques.
- To build the capacity of government facilities to provide integrated, quality, and right-based SRH and Post-abortion care services to poor, hard-to-reach, vulnerable/marginalized youth and women.
- CALL FOR CONSULTANCY
The project has a focus on improving data analysis and utilization for planning, and packaging of this evidence in formats that can be used by CSOs for advocacy or RHMT/CHMTs for decision-making. As such, UMATI aims to hire an individual to develop a budget monitoring tool and FP data analysis for individual facilities/districts/regions with informative dashboards which increase data visualization and utilization i.e., service delivery trends across all project sites. The data utilization charts and the dashboard is expected to be a tool for information dissemination for all project-targeted stakeholders.
- OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY
The objective of the assignment is to develop data collation and analysis tools and/or dashboards that will inform project progress towards achieving its objectives and easily disseminate project progress to its targeted stakeholders, especially decision-makers. Specifically, the consultancy will achieve the following objectives: –
- To develop data collation and analysis tools and organize data from various sources.
- Develop data analysis tools that can perform simple analysis and create visualizations that help to identify trends and patterns in the data.
- Develop dashboards that allow users to interact with the data, and drill down to explore specific aspects of the data in more detail.
- Ensure that the data analysis tools and presentation dashboards are user-friendly, and can be used by individuals with varying levels of technical expertise.
- To train 35 Youth and Women-led CSOs (Y&WLCs) on the use of developed data analysis tools and dashboards and how to interpret findings from the dashboards
- To train 35 Y&WLCs on the packaging of evidence into interactive presentations, advocacy briefs, case studies, and learning briefs to be used for advocacy.
- SCOPE OF WORK, KEY DELIVERABLES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scope of Work
The consultant will be expected to closely work with AmplifyChange Project Team and Youth and Women-led CSOs (Y&WLCs) in the execution of the assignment. This will involve the identification of the data elements for periodic analysis and tracking, developing data collection and analysis, designing data utilization charts, and training of Y&WLCS on evidence gathering, data analysis, interpretation, and utilization.
The entire assignment is expected to take 17 working days carried through within a calendar month from the date the contract has been signed between UMATI and the Consultant as per the below work schedule: –
|1||Inception meeting with UMATI & SYV Project Team||1|
|2||Evidence gathering and development of data collation and analysis tools||2|
|3||Develop user-friendly dashboard and user manuals to allow users to interact with data (simple analysis and visualization of data)||5|
|4||Presentation of data analysis tools and dashboard to UMATI||1|
|5||Working on feedback from UMATI||1|
|6||Train 35 Y&WLCs on use of developed data analysis tools and dashboards and||2|
|7||Train 35 Y&WLCs on the packaging of evidence into interactive presentations, advocacy briefs, case studies, and learning briefs to be used for advocacy.||3|
|8||Produce Final Report||2|
|Total number of Days||17|
- Key Deliverables
The key deliverables for this consultancy will include the following:
- A comprehensive report outlining the data analysis requirements of the organization.
- Data analysis tools that can collate, process, and analyze data.
- Visualizations/dashboards that help to identify trends and patterns in the data.
- User manuals and training materials that explain how to use the data analysis tools and presentation dashboards.
- User testing results that demonstrate the effectiveness of the data analysis tools and presentation dashboards.
- Strengthen the capacity of the tools and dashboard’s users
- The Consultant Responsibilities
The consultant will be responsible for the following;
- Develop the work plan for the assignment.
- Conceptualize SRHR context and national indicators.
- Conducting a needs assessment to determine the data analysis requirements of the organization.
- Developing data analysis tools that can collect, clean, process, and analyze data.
- Developing presentation dashboards that can display data in a clear and concise manner, using visualizations that are easy to understand.
- Ensuring that the data analysis tools and presentation dashboards are user-friendly, and can be used by individuals with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Conduct user testing to ensure that the data analysis tools and presentation dashboards meet the needs of the organization.
- Meet with the UMATI team to gain consensus on indicators for tracking.
- Develop user-friendly data collection, analysis, and utilization chart.
- Presentation of draft data utilization chart to UMATI for the reviews and feedback.
- Incorporation of input from UMATI reviews.
- Presentation of the final data utilization charts/dashboards for approval
- Prepare the status and final report on the assignment.
- CONSULTANT PROFILE AND REQUIREMENTS
The consultant shall have knowledge and skills in both the development and deployment of data tools; in addition, the consultant will have the following qualification/expertise:
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in Statistics, Data Visualization, Public/Community Health, or a similar specialty is desired.
- Experience in the development of databases/MIS tools.
- Familiarity with Tanzania’s SRHR context and national indicators.
- Good communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to write high-quality, clear, and concise reports in English.
- APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested individuals are requested to submit clear and concise Technical and Financial proposals for the assignment. The technical proposal should include relevant experience and a proposed work schedule for the assignment.
The proposal should be titled “Consultancy to Develop and Train on Data Analysis Tools and Presentation Dashboards” to be submitted to the
Chama cha Uzazi na Malezi Bora Tanzania (UMATI),
P.O. Box 1372,
Dar es Salaam
by 29th May 2023 at 17:00HRS.
Leave a Reply