DUTY STATION NGARAMTONI YA CHINI ARUSHA
Disparities in sex education practices are holding back ongoing efforts to reverse the trend of teenage pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases. From day-to-day experience, Maternity Africa recognizes many of the problems associated with poor sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) education among the local adolescent population.
Maternity Africa plans to commence a new progamme. The programme will design and deliver SRHR training for adolescents in schools, churches, youth clubs and other facilities. The work will also involve radio broadcasts, social and print media.
Maternity Africa is seeking to fill the role of a Coordinator/Facilitator to co-deliver this exciting new project.
- Work closely with the TEACHER/EDUCATOR and Supervisory Team to develop lesson plans and other quality educational materials on main SRHR and related topics in schools, churches, youth clubs and other facilities.
- Facilitate educating / teaching adolescents in an accurate, informative and engaging manner.
- Discuss with and counsel adolescents on SRHR matters confidentially, and with appropriate, relevant authorities.
- Engage effectively with the management of schools and other facilities to deliver the programme.
- Work with local radio stations and present engagingly.
Required qualifications and experience
- Degree in a project management or related discipline.
- Prioritised and coordinated complex range of projects, preferably in an education of social care setting.
- Worked / volunteered in primary schools and secondary schools in a relevant capacity.
- Liaised with and gained the trust of other agencies, such as police.
- Coordinated activities with head teachers.
- Experienced trainer/facilitator, especially working with adolescents
- Good report-writing skills
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate complex information simply and engagingly to adolescents
- Well organized with excellent project management skills
- Able to travel around Arusha City and neighbouring areas
- Be flexible, ready, willing and able to take on other roles within Maternity Africa as the organization grows
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their cover letter (Max of a Page), Curriculum Vitae (Max of 4 pages) and Professional Certificates to email@example.com. Applications should be sent by 6th February, 2022. If you do not hear from us within a week from the closing dates please consider your application unsuccessful.
The post Coordinator/Facilitator at Maternity Africa January, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.