Corporate Sales Executive – (23000056)
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
The job holder will be responsible for growth of revenues and agents’ numbers for the unit to meet set annual premium targets. The role will report to the Sales Manager – Agents & SFEs.
1. Identify and recruit agents, Sales Force Executives (SFEs/DSRs)
2. Grow and defend Britam’s agency market share position and partners.
3. Direct, guide, manage and offer support to Britam’s partnering agencies, Sales Force Executives (SFEs/DSRs) and alternative channel portfolio.
4. Monitor various partnering agencies, Sales Force Executives (SFEs/DSRs) and alternative channel strengths to determine focus of sales efforts.
5. Explore opportunities to develop new markets/ segments in line with company sales strategy from time to time.
6. Manage quality of various partnering agencies, Sales Force Executives (SFEs/DSRs) and alternative channel business, productivity, and overall sales performance.
7. Formulate and implement strategies that ensure partnering agencies, Sales Force Executives (SFEs/DSRs) and alternative channel are well versed Britam products.
8. Develop the agencies, Sales Force Executives (SFEs/DSRs) and alternative channel business and operational team.
9. Drive the achievement of annual, quarterly, and monthly production budgets and targets.
10. Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
11. Assist on preparation of Agents and SFEs/DSRs) training.
12. Ensure retention of business as per renewal KPI’s
13. Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the strategy map and personal scorecard.
Key Performance Measures
- New business
- Renewal and retention
- Recruitment of new agencies, Sales Force Executives (SFEs/DSRs) and alternative channel partners
- Loss ratio
- Accountable to the Sales Manager
- Required to liaise and work closely with Underwriting, Finance, Claims, and other departments as may be necessary.
- Britam customers
- Intermediaries (Agents & DSRs)
- TIRA and other regulatory institutions
Knowledge, Experience, and Qualifications required
1. Bachelors’ degree in a business-related field
2. Professional qualification in Insurance (CII certificate or equivalent)
3. At least two years’ experience in a similar position
4. Knowledge of Insurance Industry and concepts
5. Knowledge of Insurance regulatory requirements
6. Knowledge of sales and marketing
1. Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information, and key points of an argument clearly; presents effectively; responds quickly to others ‘reactions and feedback during conversations; projects credibility.
2. Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
3. Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organisational values during everyday interactions.
4. Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns, and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system.
5. Planning and Organising: Adhere to and monitor clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
6. Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets and models high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves projects goals.
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar es Salaam-Dar es Salaam
Organization: International Insurance Business
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Day Job
Contract Type: Full-time
Unposting Date: 18-08-2023
Number of Openings: 1