About Tembo Nickel Corporation
Tembo Nickel Corporation (“Tembo”) is an operating company formed via the Framework Agreement (19 January 2021) between Kabanga Nickel Limited and the Government of Tanzania for development of the Kabanga nickel deposits in the Ngara District in the Northwest of Tanzania. Under the Framework Agreement terms, Tembo (owned 84% by Kabanga Nickel Limited and 16% by the Government of Tanzania) has been formally established for the mining, processing and refining of Class 1 nickel with cobalt and copper co-products. Tembo is the Swahili word for elephant and represents strength, community and longevity. Tembo Nickel aims to become a sustainable, inclusive and responsible company supplying critical battery minerals to the world.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS AND RESETTLEMENT VULNERABLE SUPPORT OFFICER (1)
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit CR Resettlement Vulnerable Support Officer to join Tembo Nickel Project Team. The Resettlement Vulnerable Support Officer will lead the planning, management, and monitoring and evaluation of all resettlements Vulnerable Programme activities to ensure the transition to self-sufficiency by all target groups. Resettlement activities need to be in close collaboration with the CR team to ensure a cohesive approach that promote accountability.
This is a Fixed Term contract of 1 Year and the successful candidate will report to the CR Team Lead and Resettlement Team Lead
Duty Station: Tembo Nickel Project Site – Ngara
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Vulnerable Support Officer will work with technical support and direction from the Livelihood Specialist and Resettlement Project
- Support the Livelihood Specialist and Resettlement Project Lead to develop a Vulnerable Support Plan.
- Provide specialized and local cultural, societal relations, and community health care knowledge to inform the planning of the Vulnerable Support Plan and all activities within the Resettlement Action Plan (RAP)
- Lead the collection of qualitative and quantitative social and community health related data
- Develop participatory tools and processes to identify vulnerable individuals in the community
- Lead the engagement with local community members and relevant Government authorities to ensure an inclusive approach to vulnerable Programme design
- Ensure that all resettlement project staff have access to and knowledge of vulnerable persons and communities
- Coordinate with all resettlement projects staff to identify information needs around vulnerability and develop vulnerability data collection activities as required
- Develop and manage the implementation of resettlement vulnerable related activities in accordance with the RAP and in compliance with Tembo Nickel values and standards
- Ensure that the development and implementation of vulnerable support activities comply with Tembo Nickel and relevant project management guidelines
- Lead the management of all resettlements vulnerable support project activities – including the supervision of partners and contractors
- Identify and apply lessons learned and best practices relevant to resettlement related vulnerable support activities
- Develop partnerships with local government and non-governmental stakeholders to support the implementation of vulnerable support related RAP activities
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the same or related role
- Computer literate and fully conversant with basic computer applications
- Experience in resettlement projects will be an added advantage
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
- Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role tile in the subject via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Tembo Nickel, P.O. Box 65, Rulenge.
Application closing date is 15th February,2022
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merits and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process
The post CR Resettlement Vulnerable Support Officer at Tembo Nickel Corporation February, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.