Customer Service Engineer Vacancy at KaziConnect
KaziConnect Portal · Zanzibar City, Zanzibar Urban/West, Tanzania
Passionate about People, Technology and Human Psychology. Intensely ardent for Disability Inclusivity in the workplace. Headhunter | Talent Magnet | HR-Tech
We are looking for a Customer Support Engineer to serve on the front lines by answering questions and troubleshooting technical problems through phone, email, and chat. They assist customers with onboarding of a company’s product or service and also guide clients through installation and updating issues as needed.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to clients on problems related to the Internet and related services both on the telephone as well as on-site.
- Install and maintain various Internet and related services on the client’s side using either Optic Fiber cable or Microwave Wireless Equipment operating at different frequencies, as well as the configuration of TCP/IP protocols.
- Build and maintain various Networks such as WAN, LAN, and VPN on the client’s side.
- Maintain Company’s Network infrastructure including its fiber optical backbone, repeaters, as well as towers.
- Evaluate and resolve client problems promptly
- Monitor the performance of network infrastructure equipment.
- Create and implement viable solutions and follow through to ensure the problem is resolved to the satisfaction of all parties.
- Ensure that no trouble ticket or client complaint remains pending and present a thorough daily, weekly, and monthly report to the Management.
- Carry out weekly and monthly analyses of the problems reported by our clients and find ways to reduce them.
- Provide clients with regular updates, and feedback on service requests/queries
Education Other Skills Required
- University degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/Telecommunications Engineering with at least 2 years of working experience in the related field.
Skills and expertise
- Good knowledge and working experience of various Networks such as LAN, VPN, Fiber optical, and microwave wireless technologies as well as extensive knowledge of configuration and troubleshooting of TCP/IP protocols.
- Practical networking experience in setting up, testing, configuring, and troubleshooting networks/ Knowledge of Wireless Technologies, RF transmissions, and Fiber Optical Networks
- Working knowledge of network devices (routers/switch testing and configuration)
- Proficiency in both Windows and Linux-based operating Systems
- Ability to work independently, be a team player and be able to accomplish a given task with minimum supervision.
- Possess excellent customer care and clients handling skills.
- Be able to communicate excellently with good command on both oral and written English and Kiswahili; to provide information, explanations and instructions clearly and concisely and to elicit information from others with varying levels of understanding.
- Must possess very good analytical, troubleshooting as well as technical faults reporting skills.
- Problem solving skills to independently recognize define and identify resources available to solve problems.
- Possess a class ‘C’ clean driving license.
- Willing to walk the extra mile and demonstrate flexibility to handle chores more efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain a friendly, welcoming environment to demonstrate an understanding, compassionate and caring manner to maintain a courteous and calm demeanor.
How To Apply