Dar es Salaam
National Bank of Commerce
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Work as part of a DevOps team, apply analysis & testing tools, frameworks, techniques and practices to elicit, define and organize business requirements into user stories. And following this analysis, work collaboratively within squads during design & delivery activity with a specific focus on testing.Job Description
Business Consulting. Weight: 30%
- Being the central pillar for all Business and Technology solutions deployments requirements end to end; working with developers, middle ware integrations and architecture specialists to ensure organisation goals are met.
- Ensure that code releases go smoothly, analysing data for improvements and optimisation and manage software development operations, implement engineering tools and use their process knowledge to streamline updates or creation.
- Create systems software and analysing data to improve existing and new systems and ensure efficiency within their workplace, meeting deadlines and optimising code for eventual server output.
- Work with Software developers, ensuring their efficiency and managing their work and functionality overseeing the general workings of developer’s practices and fix problems accordingly.
- Evaluating internal and external facing Solutions deployments environments status and create strategies, and IT processes and suggesting improvements for continued remediation.
- Collaborating with coworkers to conceptualize, develop, and release software.
- Conducting quality assurance to ensure that the software meets prescribed guidelines.
- Rolling out fixes and upgrades to software, as needed in line with applicable best practices, closely working with vendors and IT management on areas of escalations.
- Securing software to prevent security breaches and other vulnerabilities within the deployment environment.
- Collecting and reviewing customers’ feedback to enhance user experience of deployed solutions, working closely with developers in fixing code issues etc.
- Suggesting alterations to workflow to improve efficiency and success in delivering business solutioning and value.
- Pitching ideas for projects based on gaps in the market and technological advancements.
- Guide teams in designing, building, testing, and deploying changes to existing software solutions.
- Enhance the company’s IT infrastructure security protocols by working closely with in country and Group security, Compliance, Operational risks, fraud, and crowd strike teams.
- Identify manual processes that can be automated by the development team.
- Consider the organization’s entire IT infrastructure when making changes and improvements to minimize availability, performance, and security issues/incidents.
- Maintain and improve the company’s cloud infrastructure in line with applicable standards and guidelines.
- Implementing, maintaining, monitoring, and supporting the IT solutions and underlying infrastructure (OpenShift environment).
- Writing scripts for service quality analysis, monitoring and operation.
- Designing procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Investigating and resolving technical issues by deploying updates/ fixes periodically in line with applicable standards and processes.
- Implementing automation tools and frameworks for automatic code deployment (CI/CD).
- Ensure that a process is put in place to manage Quality control and management of the code base authenticity.
- Monitoring and measuring customer experience and KPIs on deployed solutions experience.
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management and the customer to ensure informed timely decisions are made.
- Effectively handle key tasks to expectations;
- Deploy updates and fixes.
- Provide Level 2,3 technical support.
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience.
- Develop and deploy software to integrate with internal back-end systems.
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Develop scripts to automate visualization.
- Design procedures for system deployments, management of hosting environment, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Have the technical skill to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project.
- Troubleshooting techniques and fixing the code bugs.
- Monitoring the processes during the entire life cycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimising the wastage.
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible.
- Identifying and deploying cyber security measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management of the deployment environment and deployed solutions.
- Incidence management and root cause analysis.
- Coordination and communication within the team and with customers.
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools.
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development and deployments, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD pipeline).
- Maintain high levels of Security while continually updating code to make the system run faster and better, must make sure that the changes to improve the system don’t accidentally make the system more vulnerable to attack.
- Ensure no solution code is released to any 3rd party via personal email or printouts thereby attesting to safeguard the Bank’s Intellectual property.
- Ensure you do not maintain any complete code in personal laptop.
- Ensure to upload developed code logic timely on the approved Source Code repository on daily/weekly basis.
- Ensure that you only handle officially assigned development task within the agreed timelines, any deviations should duly be communicated with Enterprise Architect and signed off.
- Ongoing monitoring of the organisation’s digital architecture, checking for performance and compliance
- Planning the evolution of software and IT systems
- Working with development teams on the building of websites, applications, and software pieces
- Working to resolve issues and problems with systems and software, and to put in place measures to ensure these issues do not reoccur.
- Building, Testing and maintaining deployment infrastructure in the long term.
- Building frameworks for software and application deployment and management.
- Building platform environments to support auto-scaling for the business in the future.
- Conducting analyses and feeding this data back to relevant teams to support their efforts.
- Staying on top of industry best practices and trends, as well as changes to compliance requirements
Service Delivery Weight: 20%
- Ensuring end-to-end ownership and handling of developer’s deployment requests ensuring timely coordination of engagements to delivery.
- Meeting deadlines and turnaround time without compromising quality norms and adhering to solutions delivery SLA.
- Understanding and coordinating organizational deployment needs / enhancements, customization, service-related issue of clients to provide solutions in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Have subject matter expertise in business lines and products to improve deployment Processes Re-engineering (DPR).
- Helping in-country various team to implement new solutions without any bugs in the system. Making sure system availability to
- Customers and Business team.
Manage the maintenance & optimization of Technology stack, products & services within the delivery teams.
- Ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk.
- Management Framework and Absa Policies and Policy Standards.
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
- Build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships within the Bank to understand the business needs and changes in customer needs.
- Participate in Bank wide forums and governance structures as required or directed.
- Communicate and track the achievement of Service levels (documented in Service Level Agreements) on an ongoing basis and take corrective action as required.
- Manage the Development teams to ensure they timely deliver reliable solutions.
Manage risk and compliance Weight: 20%
- Together with Risk and Compliance review the key risk and compliance challenges identified in the Technology stack, applicable standards, security assessments and solutions area.
- Together with the Risk and Compliance team implement measures to address notable risks and regulatory challenges.
- Implement measures to review the risk and compliance performance of the unit/function on a regular basis and take corrective action.
- Complete all relevant Management Assurance or Risk reports and attestations as required.
- Ensure that processes, control requirements and risk management frameworks that impact the area are documented and understood by all members of the team.
- Work with Internal Audit and Management Assurance during the scoping of audits to ensure fair coverage in all System related issues.
- Own and agree corrective action items with Internal Audit and Management Assurance for findings related to the functional area under management.
- Arrange issue assurance for closed audit findings.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
Drive Cost & Revenue Agenda Weight: 20%
- Optimise deployment environments to minimise infrastructure prourements whilst maintaining high applications performance.
- Minimise deployment cost of Business solutions by 95% through optimising delivery internally compared to vendor/ISP hosting.
Implement actions resulting from formalised solutions and Technology stack reviews (including questionnaires, production reporting, risks event reporting, etc.).
- Manage all vendor hosted systems, maintaining comprehensive details, manage vendor stakeholder’s matrix for engaged prompt support (maintain and instil SLA governance for all vendor hosted solutions.
- Manage vendor hosted solutions costs, contracts, and periodic reviews for cost savings etc.
Capacity Building Weight: 10%
- Mentoring and guiding the team.
Proactively upholding knowledge transfer to the Internal Development teams to ensure processes and standards adherence.
- By utilizing skills matrix, identify training and development requirements, formulating a plan to be agreed with team for continued empowerments.
Mandatory technical skills include:
- At least 3 years of Experience working in DevOps role, on OpenShift 4 environment and Linux based infrastructure.
- Excellent understanding of Ruby, Python, Perl, and Java
Configuration and managing databases such as MySQL, Mongo, SQL and Oracle.
- Excellent troubleshooting attitude and skills.
- Working knowledge of various development and code repository tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services
- Experience using an array of automation code deployment tools.
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and agile principles
Work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role.
- Familiarity with software release management and deployment (Git, CI/CD).
- Solid understanding of DevOps principles and practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Information Technology, Experience in a similar environment
How to Apply:
Leave a Reply