Air Excel is an airline based in Arusha, Tanzania offering both scheduled and air charter services.
Director of Flight Operations Job Vacancy at Air Excel
Our mission at Air Excel is to safely transport passengers by air within Tanzania and East Africa, and to provide the best experience while doing so.
Air Excel is an owner-run and -operated airline with over two and a half decades of experience in the Tanzanian aviation industry. The fleet is currently seven aircraft strong – comprising six Cessna Grand Caravans (C208B) and one twin-engine Let 410 E20.
The company specialises in bespoke private flights (air charters and scenic flying) throughout Tanzania and surrounding East African countries; and daily scheduled flights connecting the Northern Safari Circuit with Kilimanjaro, Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam and Dolly (Kili Golf).
Role Title: Director of Flight Operations
Role level: Senior Management
Reporting to: Accountable Manager
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Remuneration: To be determined by experience.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Flight Operations to join our Senior Management team and flight crew; ensure the safe and efficient operation of the flying section of the Company; and represent the Company to the regulatory authorities.
- Ensure that safe and efficient operations are maintained throughout the Company and that there is optimum communication flow between management and staff.
- Manage all operational staff and give directives concerning daily flight operations, aircraft operations, staff requirements and scheduling.
- Drive key business initiatives and solutions as it relates to flight operations.
- Provide the Accountable Manager with timely and accurate reports on Operations performance, status and personnel.
- Be the primary interface between the Company and all regulatory authorities and any external agencies which may affect the Company’s operations.
- Represent the company in a polite, professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Maintain a valid Airline Transport Pilot Licence at all times.
- Ensure any amendments or revisions to the Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority’s Regulations are implemented to the Operation in a timely manner.
- Identify, amend, and revise Company manuals under the DFO’s responsibility in accordance with changes to the Authorities Regulations.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Accountable Manager.
- Fly the company aircraft as per the companies’ Standard Operating Procedures and as operations departments’ instructions – ensuring all rules and regulations are followed.
- Ensure to complete and keep track of all necessary paperwork in relation to flights and duties in a prompt and accurate manner.
- Director of Flight Operations Job Vacancy at Air Excel
You will have:
- Current ICAO Airline Transport Pilot Licence
- Minimum three years experience as a Pilot-In-Command in commercial air transport operations of large aircraft
- Minimum total time = 5,000 hours
- Minimum time on C208B = 1,000 hours
- Minimum time on twin-engine = 2,500 hours
- No accident/incident history in the last 5 years
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication, presentation & administrative skills
- Excellent team leadership skills
- A strong background in aviation management, operations and ICAO regulatory implementation
- Ability to work independently and in a proactive manner
- Ability to cope in and manage high-pressure situations
- Ability to relocate to Arusha
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Ability to start work immediately
- Proficiency in additional languages
- Strong knowledge and experience using Google Workspace
- Familiarity with Tanzanian flight operations, including Northern Tanzania (Manyara, Tarangire, Serengeti)
- Experience operating scenic flights
- A degree in any of the following: aviation management, operations, resource management, dangerous goods, and/or regulatory implementation
How to apply:
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please email your application to: email@example.com as soon as possible and include the following:
- Add Director of Flight Operations as the email subject
- Cover letter
- Please also include at least two letters of recommendation
Deadline for applications: 31st August 2023.
If this position is filled before the deadline, this posting will be removed.