About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium is currently seeking a District Quality Advisor Consultant to support implementation of the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) award which is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
In Tanzania, Data.FI will support the government (PORALG) and USAID to strengthen and expand the application of the Makole Model as a change management approach to improve productivity and the quality of services at health facilities. The District Quality Advisor Consultant will support implementation and expand the scope of the quality improvement initiative known as the Makole Model, successfully implemented at the health facility level, through the development of Situation Rooms at the district levels. The District Quality Advisor Consultant will work closely with PORALG, MOH, UNICEF, and other technical partners present at the district level to leverage data from routine health information systems and existing quality improvement and quality assurance platforms to improve productivity, quality of services and institutional performance.
This position will be based in Dar es Salaam with in-country travel required. The term of this consultancy is for a period of three months, with the possibility of an extension.
- In support of the Senior Quality Advisor, the District Quality Advisor Consultant will implement quality improvement and quality assurance strategies at the district level.
- Build effective working relationships with district PORALG, MOH, and implementing partners at the district level.
- Assess strengths, weaknesses and needs of Council Health Management Teams (CHMT) to be able to conduct QI initiatives at the district level and support QI processes at the health facility.
- Provide QI coaching for CHMT officials and to facilitate Situation Room meetings for data review and use which identifies the root cause of performance problems and incorporates the Plan-Do-See Act (PDSA) QI approach for engaging in appreciative inquiry and corrective action planning. The Consultant will also capacitate the CHMT members to enable them to provide supportive supervision to HFMT and monitor the process of QI data collection from primary sources, ensuring that iMES is updated by CHMT accordingly.
- Provide support to district officials and partner organizations starting up facility-based QI teams. Ensure feedback loops between facility-based QI teams, who will provide regular reports on facility progress and make recommendations for next steps, with district and national level data use teams.
- Leverage adult learning principles to create interactive sessions intended to engage critical thinking skills, encourage accountability, and be highly systematized for ease of replicability.
- Provide feedback to the Data Visualization Specialist to ensure analytics and dashboards are designed to promote and reflect decision making and respond to user requirements.
- Promote knowledge management efforts aimed at tracking impact of data use strategies.
- Support the development of Data Use Briefs, as needed.
- A clinical degree (Nurse, Clinical Officer, MD) or Master of Public Health or Health Care Management required; both preferred
- Demonstrated skills in building the capacity of stakeholders in quality improvement principles; this includes strong skills in facilitating the interpretation and use of data by program managers.
- Knowledge of project management principles and ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to effectively write technical documents, lead meetings, develop and conduct trainings and deliver presentations.
- Familiarity with the Makole Model a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, TEAMS), experience with DHIS2 and Business Intelligence tools an advantage.
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Swahili preferred.
- Ability to travel within Tanzania
The post District Quality Advisor Consultant at Palladium February, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.