Duration: 7 Months / Renewable (full time)
Salary: Attractive package
The aim of this job position is to recruit competent driver to provide secure and timely driving services to transport staff and other project partners/goods as deemed necessary as a means of ensuring timely support for the implementation of ACHIEVE project in Mara region.
Duties and responsibilities
- Drive office vehicles for transportation of authorized personnel
- Ensure vehicle is safe and availability of all the required documents and supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle log book, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts
- Delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items
- Facilitate airport pick-ups for organization staff and visitors
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle log book.
- Log all trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing etc.
- Provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, car washing etc.
- Performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs to ensure that the vehicle is kept clean
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required
- O-Level School Certificate, certificate of driving from VETA, certificate from National Institute of Transport will be an added advantage
- Ability to speak and write in Swahili and English
- Possession of a valid driving license with C category (C1, C2, C3 and C plain) classes of vehicles
- Clean driving, accident-free record Demonstrated behaviors needed by the post holder to successfully perform the role
- Interacts and works closely with the Project Manager, project staff and core office administrative staff.
- Interacts as required with governmental institutions, Civil Society Organizations, and other stakeholders, in collaboration with all staffs Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
- A good team player
- Capable of assessing risk and judiciously taking correct action (Defensive driving certificate)
- Ability to work long hours
- Minimum of 3 years’ driving experience
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter to
Describing why you are the right candidate for this position ,curriculum vitae detailing you rexperience, copy of educational certificates and three(3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment.
Please send the applicationto firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position title in the email subject line. The closing date for this applications will be on Monday, 27th February 2023, 17:00 hrs.
**Both men and women are encouraging to apply**
NOTE: Rafiki-SDO will not refund any costs incurred by any applicant in preparation for this application. This includes, but not limited to cost for submitting an application and other communication related to the application. Rafiki-SDO will inform those successful, if you do not hear back from Rafiki-SDO two weeks from the date of release of this job advert consider yourself as unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest in Rafiki-SDO work in Tanzania and for supporting national initiatives to saving lives and improve health for people affected by poverty or disaster so they can reach their full potential.