Driver | Dar es Salaam, Tanzania | 2023
Chemonics International Inc, a U.S. based international development consulting firm, seeks a Driver for the USAID Tanzania Lishe Mtambuka Activity, also known as the Regional Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity. The five-year project aims to strengthen health and food market systems that promote the adoption of optimal nutrition-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions in Tanzania.
We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Driving and maintaining project vehicles.
- Initiating and supervising required repairs and routine maintenance of assigned vehicles.
- Fulfilling project reporting requirements, including maintaining records on vehicle routing and condition.
- Ensuring passenger safety by obeying traffic laws and driving carefully.
- Valid Tanzanian driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Minimum five years of experience of driving work.
- Experience working for an international donor-funded project preferred.
- Understanding of auto mechanics required. Certification in mechanics or automobile maintenance beneficial
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
To apply, please submit your CV and application through this link. Applications must be submitted by
Friday, September 15th, 2023, however, please submit your application as soon as possible, as candidates
will be contacted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.