About Restless Development.
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being sidelined. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities. Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but we can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
About the Role
We are looking for our first East Africa Regional Resource Mobilisation Manager. The role will be based in Dar Es Salaam, with responsibility for raising funding principally for Restless Development’s work in Tanzania (80% of the role), with an East Africa regional remit i.e. scoping, cultivating and submitting proposals to donors with an East Africa Regional Focus. The East Africa Regional Resource Mobilisation Manager will be a key member of the Tanzanian Leadership Team as well as the International Resource Mobilisation Team, led by the Head of Resource Mobilisation.
This is an opportunity for someone with experience in institutional fundraising with an interest in shaping how Restless Development can restore power to young leaders through fundraising and partnerships in line with the ambitions in our new Global Resourcing Strategy. We are looking for someone with a background in either trust & foundation, bilateral, multilateral or programme funding. The successful candidate will work with a network of Resource Mobilisation staff around the world to help us achieve the ambitious target and objectives in our Global Resourcing Strategy; raising £36 million for Restless Development’s work over the next 3 years, whilst also ensuring that more resources are channelled to youth civil society organisations and grassroots youth movements in the Global South so that they are able to drive change in their communities.
This role sits in our Tanzania Hub and will be based in Dar Es Salaam. There will be travel opportunities to Kenya and Uganda and other international destinations.
Essential skills and experience
Experience in institutional fundraising (could be trust & foundation, bilateral, or multilateral funders) including
- A good understanding of the funding landscape in Eastern Africa, particularly in TZ
- A demonstrable track record of developing winning concepts and proposals to institutional donors
- Excellent relationship management skills with both funders and partners
- An understanding of youth-led development, SRHR, livelihoods, advocacy, securing funding for grassroots civil society organisations, or other areas that Restless Development works on.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
Desirable skills & experience
- Solid understanding of youth and community-led development.
- Graduate-level degree in a relevant field of study, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience advocating for more equitable funding practises to facilitate youth-led development.
- Prospecting and cultivating new institutional fundraising leads
- A passion for ensuring young leaders have the resources they need to lead change in their communities in line with the ambitions in our new Global Resourcing Strategy.
How to Apply
●Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Thursday 24th March indicating subject line as “APPLICATION_YOUR NAME_EAST AFRICA REGIONAL RESOURCE MOBILISATION MANAGER” e.g. APPLICATION_JANE DOE_EAST AFRICA RESOURCE MOBILISATION MANAGER
●Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or covering letters.
● Interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing 28th March.
The post East Africa Resource Mobilisation Manager at Restless Development March, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.