The Sasamani Foundation
The Sasamani Foundation envisions a future in which all possibilities for women and girls in East Africa are equitable and attainable. The mission is to increase access to education and employment opportunities for women and girls, empowering them to shape their futures and cultivate positive change in their communities. We are currently looking for an Education Program Coordinator in Bagamoyo, Tanzania.
Be part of a small, dynamic team impacting significant change in students’ lives. Sasamani’s Education Program activities ensure that Sasamani-sponsored students can focus on their education, experience increased self-confidence, become self-reliant, and achieve their dreams. In 2023, Sasamani will scale the Education Program and recruit 100 students for the Sasamani Sponsorship, equaling a total of 200 Sasamani-sponsored students from Bagamoyo, Tanzania. Also, Sasamani will launch Tech4All, a computer certificate program for Sasamani-sponsored students. The Education Program Coordinator has a vital role in these exciting developments and get involved in all aspects of the Education Program’s day-to-day operations.
The Education Program Coordinator will work closely with the Education Director to support students, advocate for their educational, emotional, mental, and physical well-being, and implement Education Program activities. They will be required to adhere to Sasamani Ethics and Code of Conduct to improve and maintain program performance while maintaining a good working relationship with all stakeholders. Other duties include fieldwork, data collection, and petty cash keeping. The Sasamani Foundation is looking for someone with initiative, a creative problem solver, with a willingness to learn. The position reports directly to the Education Director.
1) Sponsorship program: work with all stakeholders, including Sasamani-sponsored students, schools, the local government, and caretakers, to help the Sasamani-students thrive.
- Counseling Sasamani-sponsored students,
- Conducting home visits,
- Visiting Sasamani’s partner secondary schools monthly,
- Coordinating sponsor communications,
- Identifying Sasamani-sponsored students’ challenges and suggesting opportunities.
2)Tech4All: The Education Program Coordination will implement the new program effectively.
The activities will include
- Preparing the schedule for computer classes.
- Communicating with Sasamani-sponsored students.
- Ensuring the computer lab rules get followed.
- Tech4All logistics are effectively implemented.
3) Accountability and community building: Work with the Executive Director and Sasamani staff members to maintain an excellent professional relationship.
Activities might include
- Relationship building with Sasamani stakeholders, partners, and beneficiaries,
- Submitting updates to sponsors on time,
- Submitting activity reports on time,
- Attending meetings, including school meetings and local government meetings,
- Handling petty cash books
- Working with interns, i.e., making sure they settle in an office and the community.
- Any other duties assigned
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office
- Diploma or degree in Social Science subjects from a reputable institute.
- Passion for working with the community
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- No criminal background or bad recommendations from people in the community
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
Location and Commitments
- Full-time role based at the Sasamani Office in Bagamoyo, Tanzania
- Occasional working on Saturdays to visit Sasamani-sponsored students
Compensation and benefits
- The gross salary ranges from 1,000,000 to 1,500,000 TZS monthly.
- Benefits include health insurance and one month of paid annual leave.
- A two-year contract and the possibility for extension.
- Opportunity to excel in term of leadership skills.
How to apply
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 22 February 2023.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachments:
1. Resume or CV.
2. Cover Letter, which explains why you deserve the position.
Please use the following naming conventions for your files: LastName_FirstName_Resume, and LastName_FirstName_CoverLetter.
In the body of your email, please list 1-3 character references with an email address, preferably from previous employers, although academic references are permitted.
Please also indicate your soonest start date. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Leave a Reply