Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit an Electrical Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and to ensure activities in the Engineering are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Shaft Infrastructure Superintendent.
Duration: 2 years contract
- Manage & exercise control over the entire surface and electrical reticulation network.
- Perform statutory compliance inspections, audits and tests.
- Compile reports/presentations on power consumption and supply.
- Ensure LOM electrical supply and demand is calculated, planned and executed.
- Conduct earth fault calculations and ensure HV and MV protection relays are set correctly.
- Fault finding, repair and testing of AC & DC variable speed drives / variable frequency drives/ soft starters.
- Ensure critical spares are ordered and maintained, to prevent production loss.
- Conceive and plan the electrical equipment and systems to operate in demanding conditions at the mine site
- Research, specify, recommend, install and commission the electrical equipment and systems as requested.
- Provide trouble-shooting support to improve operational efficiencies.
- Provide technical leadership for maintenance departments through the use of computerized planning, modelling and predictive maintenance systems
- Lead the implementation of cutting-edge processes and safety practices.
- Prepare tendering competitions, evaluate technical aspects of bids, supervise contractors, negotiate variations and remedial works, assure quality, measure work done, approve and accept works.
- Lead or work with a team to ensure projects are completed on time and within allocated budget, and in accordance to international recognized quality standards.
- Write reports, attend meetings, exchange information with other professionals, record and store information in compliance with legislation, regulations and company policies
- Ensure safety, improve operational efficiency and quality, control production costs and protection of the environment at all stages of a mine life cycle.
- Work cooperatively with other departments, project managers, supply chain and mine management to optimize production, reduce costs, solve problems and meet deadlines.
- Train and development young engineers, supervisors and technicians in building an efficient and sustainable workforce.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or equivalent post trade qualifications
- Use of AutoCAD Electrical and SAP Plant Maintenance software, as well as African Expat experience will be an added advantage but not essential.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar operations.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- A high-level understanding of regulatory standards will be required to ensure statutory compliance for Electrical activities on the mine.
- Mine health &Safety awareness
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
|HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
|If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 04th February 2022
|BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com|
The post Electrical Specialist at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine January, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.