With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Ensure that EWV is integrated into technical programs and grants, including in fragile contexts
- Ensure sufficient field office and Front line staff for EWV (ToTs) in collaboration with the TSO
- Coach and mentor EWV to cascade the program.
- Engage Operations & Program quality teams to ensure FO leadership support
- Ensure EWV is integrated with other technical projects at the field level
- Collaborate with NO GAM teams to ensure EWV is written in the grant proposals
- EWV Integrated in all in all THRIVE 2.0 as a foundation and enabled model
Project Management and Serves as the main point of contact with WVUS in ensuring donor promise is achieved and communicated well.
- Coordinate development of annual plans and budget for the Scale Up Project
- Collaborate with implementing THRIVE 2.0 APs to prepare donor-facing reports
- Work with the finance team to ensure efficient and effective utilization of the resources
- The project runs as per the plans on EWV-related interventions
- Quality donor-facing reports prepared
- Efficient and effective utilization of the project resources
Strengthen EWV Design, Monitoring & Evaluation for greater impact
- Collaborate with Clusters and Field Offices Program quality teams to ensure EWV indicators are standardized and applied across all projects
- Work with THRIVE 2.0 APs to complete the EWV Project Model documentation as a CPM
- Work with THRIVE 2.0 APs to develop the ‘Design Implementation Quality Assurance’ documentation
- Support respective clusters and APs to ensure that EWV activities and progress are captured in the horizon
- Support and coordinate EWV-related research
- EWV well included and streamlined on design, Monitoring and evaluation of the project
- EWV as the enabling model is implemented with Fidelity
- Work with the DM&E officer to ensure EWV indicators well sorted and tracked
Support and coordinate scale-up of EWV in THRIVE 2.0 APs and with partners:
- Ensure quality implementation of EWV in APs and Clusters,
- Coordinate training of Trainer of Transformers (ToTs)
- Build strong relationships with partners and especially the faith actors to uptake EWV
- Work with implementing offices to strengthen the integration of EWV into the Development Programme Approach
- EWV well scaled up in all THRIVE 2.0 Aps
Participate in other organizational meetings as required.
Participate in National offices’ strategy reviews
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- At least three years of program management experience
- Facilitation skills in training or facilitating staff and community-level empowerment approaches.
- Experience in design, monitoring, and evaluation (DM&E)
- Experience in coordinating faith initiatives in programming
- Spiritual maturity; clear articulation of personal faith in Christ about how their faith informs their life and work. Able to stand above denominational diversities.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Gender, Community Development, Development Studies and related studies with at least 3 years experience.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills; Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders,
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability/experience of managing and working with a network
- Excellent coordination and planning skills
- Report writing skills: Ability to write reports
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team player with minimum supervision
- Significant experience of working with government officials, multiple partners, community groups and communities.
- Proven experience in facilitating effective project documentation and dissemination of results to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience in working with donor funds
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
- Good planning and Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must
- Good Communication skills (English & Swahili)
- Work in a multisector/ multicultural team- patience, cultural sensitivity and application of contextual understanding in day-to-day work
- Ability to work with tight deadlines for information needs
- Experience of working with government
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 30 % of the time and occasionally internationally.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player
- Willingness to travel to the field as and when needed
- Excellent written and spoken English essential
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
THRIVE Program Manager
- Direct reporting.
- Work together in Land restoration initiatives Weekly
- Collaboration As required
Faith & Development Manager, Economic Empowerment Manager, R&L Team leader
- Technical support
- All decisions will be done with the endorsement of the THRIVE Program Manager
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships
- Be Accountable
- Learn and Develop
- Improve and Innovate
- Partner and Collaborate
- Embrace Change
- Model Self-Management
- Engage, Influence, Lead, and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organization
- Develop the Organization for the Future
- Fluent in both Swahili and English languages
- This Position is Based in Arusha, Tanzania
Applicant Types Accepted:
- Local Applicants Only
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Leave a Reply