Dar es Salaam
Vodacom Tanzania Plc
Vodacom Tanzania Limited is Tanzania’s leading cellular network company.
Posting Country: TZ
Date Posted: 7 Aug 2023
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
What you’ll do
The purpose of the role is to develop and execute regional strategy and execute plans derived from CBU strategies or plans. The position is responsible for 360 execution of strategy and plans within the region and across the CBU, M-Pesa, EBU and Technology business units.
- The position manages the full P&L of the region.
- Act as a key representative / liaison of Vodacom Tanzania within the region with key stakeholders such as private and public sector officials, staff, non-governmental organisations, customers, etc.
- Manages a diverse portfolio within region, directly or indirectly, across marketing, sales, emerging markets, technology, safety, human resources etc.
- Responsible for commercial capex and opex management within the agreed upon governance process .
- Develop a strong competitor footprint in the area of operation.
- Provide people leadership within the region.
- Drive cross functional collaboration.
- Ensure that we build and maintain a strong network position within region.
- Network quality and coverage within region.
- Ensure strong competitor footprint within region.
- Brand health – NPS and ENPS.
- Drive sales performance across channels (CBU, EBU and M-Pesa)
- Grow revenue and subs market share within area.
- Customer obsessed and solution orientated.
- A strong change leader and ability to adapt to new opportunities and challenges.
- 5 years of marketing/commercial/strategy experience, experience of strategy articulation and/or execution an advantage
- Detailed knowledge of mobile telecoms or related industries, as well as general strategy issues and problem solving approaches
- Specific knowledge of network, sales and distribution value chain plus business management in a commercial operational context
- Strong knowledge and experience of Vodacom operating model or equivalent similar global corporate operation
- Ability to operate successfully in dynamic, uncertain and challenging environments, and to manage effectively in a matrix organisation
- Creativity in problem solving, with a positive ‘can do’ approach
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; Strong personal impact and influencing skills
- A diversity champion or leader in the context of the evolving working environment and society at large
Delivers the company’s financial results related to capex, opex, revenue and margin as defined from time to time.
A minimum recognised 3 years of technical or business qualification. A postgraduate technical or business qualification is advantageous
Not a perfect fit?
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? At Vodafone we are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
How to Apply: