CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Farmers Group Development Officer
Iringa, Tanzania | Posted on 04/19/2023
- Recruit and develop new commercial pyrethrum farmers in lringa region.
- Provide professional agronomic and financial advice to commercial farmers.
- Train farmers in record keeping and the development of farm plans and budgets.
identify and develop areas with potential to grow pyrethrum and encourage commercial pyrethrum growing in those areas.
- Assist farmers with input financing applications.
- Report to company management on areas of improvement for success of commercial farming.
- Introduce productivity improving crop husbandry technologies and support farmers in the adoption of these technologies.
- Collaborate with field extension staff researchers and government institutions to improve commercial pyrethrum farming
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum Required: A Bachelor’s degree holder in Agriculture Economics and Agribusiness from a recognized institution. Knowledge/experience in agronomy and/or crop husbandry is of added advantage.
- Minimum required; At least 1 year experience working with small holder commercial farmers on improved agricultural technologies.
- Superior customer service skills and a high level of discretion with confidential and sensitive information;
- High level of diplomacy required with the ability to manage relationships in a positive manner:
- Excellent knowledge of agronomy and agribusiness.
- Critical thinker and fast leaner and ability to help farmers, local leaders. and other stakeholders in the assigned area in their decision to join the commercial program:
- Able to troubleshoot problems whilst also identifying issues which need to be escalated;
- Exceptional work ethic and attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communication with ability to articulate issues
- Fluent in Kiswahili, with good command in English language to participate in meeting and communicate with supervisors
- Good personality traits as well as proven ability to work with smallholder farmers to develop capacity and engender loyalty and commitment to the company.
UDAHILIPORTAL WHATSAPP GROUPS: JOIN NOW
Leave a Reply