Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Duration: 1-year contract (extension based on performance)
Reporting line: Country Manager
Position level: Junior
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Main objective of the function
Solidaridad seeks to recruit a dynamic and self-motivated individual for the position of Finance and Administration Officer based in Arusha, Tanzania. S/he will be responsible for providing financial management, accounting, and operations support. S/he will oversee project financial transactions, which includes but is not limited to, accounts payable functions to include processing payroll, processing invoices, handling expense claims, expenditure monitoring and financial reporting, bank reconciliation and account analysis, preparation, and processing of local tax returns and budget monitoring. The Finance and Operations Officer will also provide operations and administrative support to the regional and country teams.
Position in the organization
The Finance and Administration Officer reports directly to the Regional Senior Finance Manager and the Country Manager. S/he will work closely the in-country Finance and Administration representatives in the regional office. At the country office level, the Finance and Admin Officer work closely with the Project Team, the Regional Finance Manager, and the Regional HR Manager.
- Prepare, code, total, and batch payment requisitions for subsequent checks by the Regional Finance Manager and Regional Senior Finance Manager.
- Maintain projects general ledger in QuickBooks/ Network system and ensure reconciliations.
- Prepare payments against authorized requisitions.
- Prepare and report monthly projects financial reports and budget variance analysis
- File all financial and field activity records according to the existing filing system.
- Ensure reconciliations of staff field travel cash floats and banking of any cash returns.
- Maintain petty cash account in QuickBooks and make surprise upcountry office petty cash counts.
- Support partner organizations in financial training in reporting and ensure their reports have adequate supporting documents
- Supporting REC operations in human resource management in activities including systems in accordance with the labour law, tax, and statutory requirements. In addition, the primary point of contact for operations for the countries assigned country.
- Statutory payments such as NSSF, PAYE, and VAT are prepared and paid by the deadlines consistently.
- Perform other work duties assigned by the Regional Senior Finance Manager or the Managing Director.
Knowledge and experience
- Relevant academic level education – Bachelor’s degree or higher – in relevant field (e.g. finance and/or accounting) and the local equivalent of chartered accountant certification
- Minimum five (5) or more years’ progressive professional accounting, financial, and operations management experience, preferably in the non-profit and/or development sector.
- Working experience with an audit and/or accountancy firm will be an added advantage.
- Computer literate, Proficient in QuickBooks, and comfortable with e-accounting packages.
- Demonstrated working experience with the international donor-funded project in East Africa.
- Demonstrated proficiency in excel (Microsoft Office / Google Excel) by automated excel formulas to track unique documents.
Specific job requirements
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team to support projects and local partners to effectively meet project needs.
- Ability to work effectively with governmental and non-governmental organizations and local communities in achieving project objectives.
- Excellent reporting skills and ability to relate sensitively to diverse groups.
- Self-driven, trustworthy, pleasant, and able to deliver results with minimum supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English and Swahili).
- Excellent critical, creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Experience in program administration, operating procedures, oversight and monitoring.
- Ability to work with database applications.
- Knowledge of project funding procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to work in diverse situations.
How to apply
Interested candidates that meet the above qualifications should send their cover letter, CVs, and salary expectation to:
Subject: “Finance and Administration Officer (Tanzania)”
Note: The CVs will be evaluated as they are received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is not permitted
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 February 2022.
The post Finance and Administration Officer at Solidaridad February, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.