- Provide support for the implementation of DIL’s logistics policies and processes by participating in planning/ coordinating movement of cement products and/ or materials between the Plant and approved areas
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage vehicular traffic, including loading activities (off-loading and on-loading) at the Plant to ensure overall orderliness and efficiency of depot operations.
- Ensure appropriate storage of incoming materials at the designated facilities in the Plant.
- Coordinate loading of products onto allocated trucks for dispatch to approved locations outside the Plant.
- Ensure that all plant logistics activities comply with DIL’s Health, Safety, and Environment standards.
- Coordinate efficient and timely loading of customers’ trucks with purchased products on a FIFO basis.
- Develop and submit reports of logistics activities at the Plant and provide recommendations where necessary.
- To ensure recovery of AGO for short kilometres.
- To ensure all accident and related documents are collected on time
- To ensure all vehicles are coming with raw materials from designated location whenever there’s feasibility of collecting raw materials.
- To ensure timely allocation of vehicles for collecting spares and other required by plant or other used department.
- Liaising with Transporters acquiring information on:
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head of Transport.
- Arrival of Trucks
- Truck Breakdowns
- Any other Emergency Occurrences
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in business, logistics, or other related field
- Minimum of two (3) years’ experience in logistics management
Skills and Behaviours
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DIL’s product and service offerings.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies and approach
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements
- Basic knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, Project Management applications, etc.
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development