Forensics Officer (1 Position(s))
Job Location : Head Office
The candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing, and investigating alleged misconduct or violation of bank’s internal policies as well as external fraud incidences and timely issuance of reports for management use in addressing root causes, control enhancements and for likely litigation actions.
- Carry out end-to-end investigations by ensuring that all recommended investigative / operating methodologies for the various types of investigations are adhered to and by conducting proper planning on all investigations.
- Obtain all relevant evidence related to an investigation, scrutinize / analyze this evidence, and make meaningful observations / conclusions regarding the findings and make appropriate recommendations.
Ensure that witnesses / suspects and victims are interviewed and where necessary obtain written statements.
- Compile investigation reports as per the prescribed operating methodology, containing the findings of investigations.
Ensure that each investigation has an accurate, value adding conclusion for the type of investigation conducted.
- Make meaningful recommendations as per the type of investigation. This will include, but not limited to, system / people / process failures or internal and external threats.
- Assist line management / HR with relevant findings / documentation for use in disciplinary processes.
- Ensure that each investigation is concluded within the prescribed and acceptable time limit for the investigation.
- Represent the Bank in any criminal / civil court proceedings where the bank is summoned to enter appearance.
- Maintain case files and central investigations database to operational standards.
- Participate in production of bi-monthly, monthly, and ad hoc MIs as appropriate.
- Ensure credible information is provided for MIs produced by Forensic Investigations and Recoveries.
- Support HR and Compliance Management teams in Fraud Awareness, training, and sensitization Campaigns.
- Ensure that all risks and/or emerging risks, which are identified during an investigation / interaction with stakeholders, are escalated to line management upon discovery.
- Identify high-risk business units and participate in anti-fraud awareness initiatives.
- Support the development of a fraud management plan which includes goals, fraud assessment, MIS, tools and systems development and implementation of training and awareness programs, and review and identify risks and loopholes in the products, operating procedures, and Fraud Management procedures to maintain the quality of investigation plans and procedures.
- Support in developing and delivery of fraud awareness programmes, workshops, and material to bank employees.
- Support initiatives within the bank to prevent, detect, investigate, and respond to fraud related incidences.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Business understanding of forensic techniques and context.
- Investigation skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Creative problem-solving and report writing skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Law, Law Enforcement, Information Technology, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Social Sciences, or related disciplines.
- Professional qualification such as CFE, ACAMS, CISA is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in Law Enforcement, Auditing, Banking with investigation techniques basics.
NMB Bank Plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and achieving a gender balanced workforce.
Female candidates and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard
Job opening date : 04-Aug-2023
Job closing date : 18-Aug-2023
How To Apply