The Management of Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) invites suitable qualified Tanzanians to apply for various positions. The application letter should indicate names and addresses of three referees, together with certified copies of all academic certificates. Furthermore, the applicant must submit a signed current Curriculum Vitae, Birth Certificate and other Testimonials.
POSITION: FOREST ATTENDANT II (TWO POSITIONS) – College of Forestry, Wildlife and Tourism.
QUALIFICATIONS: Holder of a Secondary School Education Certificate/Advanced Secondary School Education Certificate. A candidate with basic certificate in Forestry will have an added advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF FOREST ATTENDANTS
- To carry out Forest patrols every week and report forest incidents to the office of Principal on time.
- To participate in suppressing and controlling forest fires in collaboration with communities around
- To assist visitors, researchers and students visiting the forest for academic activities.
- To clean forest pathways and border.
- To prepare quarterly reports on forest condition and submit to the Principal through Supervisor.
- To collaborate with village Natural Resources Committees in all matters related to the conservation of the Forest.
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
AGE: Not above 45 years of age
REMUNERATION: As per applicable Scheme of Service and the Treasury Registrar’s Circular No. 6 of 2015.
TENURE: Two years renewable contract depending on performance and availability of Funds.
HOW TO APPLY
All Applications should be addressed to the
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration and Finance),
P.O. Box 3000,
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 April 2021